PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to Rupes customer service

The Guz
07-22-2016, 11:27 AM
I had an issue with the 2" backing plate on my nano starting to lift up on the edge as shown in the photo.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3150/medium/IMG_6179a.jpg

I contacted Dylan through PM to ask him about the issue and he pointed me to contact Rupes customer service at orders@rupesusa.com

I emailed customer service on Monday, July 18th. I have to thank Dylan for the quick email response back. I received a response from him in less than 30 mins. Faster than some pizza delivery places lol.

Dylan got me all squared away. I received my replacement plate and a little extra goodie on July 21st shipped straight from Colorado.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/755/medium/IMG_6347a.jpg

Thanks to Rupes customer service and thank you Dylan for taking the time and effort in helping out like you always have.

-Mike

Marc08EX
07-22-2016, 11:31 AM
I had the same issue with my 2" backing plate for the Nano and Rupes responded to my query right away and sent a replacement the next day.

Great job Rupes!

Mantilgh
07-22-2016, 11:57 AM
Wow, that is quick!!!

:applause:

Mike@ShineStruck
07-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah, he's quick on responce and replacements
He handled my 3 issues quickly
Got my replacement backingplate yesterday
May try and glue the other one
were you guys also using solvent based polishes? Or just too much heat?

The Guz
07-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Yeah, he's quick on responce and replacements
He handled my 3 issues quickly
Got my replacement backingplate yesterday
May try and glue the other one

I glued the other one down as well. So I now have a spare.

were you guys also using solvent based polishes? Or just too much heat?

I was using the Rupes UHS pad and polishing compound with the nano for about 5 mins or so at a speed of 4. So it could have been the heat or it could be an issue with the adhesive. I don't really know. All I can say is that it is great to see Rupes handle these issues in a timely manner.

Here's an example of the UHS pad on the nano.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3143/medium/IMG_6196a.jpg

Dylan@RUPES
07-22-2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you and I apologize for the hassle in the first place. The least we can do is make right on issues as fast as we can. We have refined the manufacturing process on the nano plates a great deal. Its largely automated so we hit the robots with a hammer and threatened to take away their hydraulic oil ;) It wasn't a widespread issue, but frequent enough that we knew it was something that could be fixed. If nothing else we are responsive to problems as they surface, no matter how small, and adjust from the factory level as quick as possible to eliminate them. Its part of the benefit of being a TRUE manufacturer - we control the process from start to finish, so we can fix the issues quickly.

dlc95
07-22-2016, 07:13 PM
Warm fuzzies over here. :)

Thanks for sharing Guz.

The Guz
07-22-2016, 07:28 PM
Don't sweat it. Go and enjoy a nice IPA.

dlc95
07-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Don't sweat it. Go and enjoy a nice IPA.

Lol! How about a Miller Lite? ;p

The Guz
07-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Lol! How about a Miller Lite? ;p

DVK is an IPA kinda guy. I don't think Miller lite will cut it.

dlc95
07-22-2016, 09:53 PM
DVK is an IPA kinda guy. I don't think Miller lite will cut it.

My bad!

Thought that was in response to me.

Yeah, Dylan might require something more refined.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-22-2016, 10:32 PM
Nice, opened mine and I got the cool keychain too