PDA

View Full Version : Gonna test some LSP stuff too...

BudgetPlan1
07-21-2016, 05:05 PM
The "6 LSP'S Test" ( 6 LSP's go head to head! (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103278) ) got me thinking "Why don't I try that?". Thanks to author of that thread for giving me the idea and, well, also something to do as I've *finally* settled on Maint. going forward on our 2 black 'cars I care about' and I've run outta friends cars to polish/LSP.

So next weekend gonna split the hood and roof of our 'test car' into sections and drop a bit of every wax/sealant/coating I have on it.

Test subject is a 2007 Mazda 3 in Black Mica. So far this spring it's had:

1. Whole car done with WG Total Swirl Remover & Lake Country orange flat pad then WG Finishing Glaze with white pad, WG Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, then WG Uber Ceramic.

2. WG Finishing Glaze/white pad on hood/roof/trunk to remove Uber Ceramic, Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, Dodo Juice Purple Haze.

3. WG Finishing Glaze/white pad on hood/roof/trunk to remove Purple Haze, Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, Collinite 915.

4. WG Finishing Glaze/white pad on hood/roof/trunk to remove Collinite, Perfekt Finish Paint Prep, WG Fuzion.

All above done with GG6 and Lake Country flat foam pads, 5.5".

Car a sits outside all Spring, Summer and Fall and is driven on rainy days during those times and then driven daily in NE Ohio Winter months. The black mica paint has metallic in it but never really had that deep, dark black to it even when brand new and prepped/sealed with a glossy/durable sealant of the time. Guess that's just the shade of the paint. Looks dark in shade or under fluorescent lights in garage but looks more 'grayish' when in sunlight.

Products I can apply:

1. WG Fuzion
2. WG Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
3. WG Uber Ceramic
4. Collinite 915
5. Dodo Juice Purple Haze
6. HD Poxy

Probably have to apply over 2 days so product can cure for a day before I tape off/apply product to adjacent section. Figure I will prep hood and roof with WG Auto Bathe wash, Clay Mitt, then go over with HD Adapt on white Lake Country white pad and then wipe down with WG Perfekt Finish Paint Prep.

Any suggestions/comments? After application car will likely see occasional wash with either WG Auto Bath or WG Uber Rinseless.

Could also wipe down occasionally with QD's:

1. WG Detail Spritz
2. WG Deep Gloss Spritz
3. WG Uber Rinseless in QD dilution
4. Kenotek Showroom Shine (my new favorite QD)
5. Dodo Juice Basics of Bling.

Dunno if that (QD use) would cloud the results, though.

So, suggestions are welcome, have to wait until weekend of 7/30 to do it so i can get it all done in 2 days before returning car to daily duty/environment.

Whatcha think?

Car being traded in this coming November so if something happens to it appearance wise...no big deal.

And yeah, I've accumulated all this stuff since April...thanks for all the sales, Autogeek. That sale countdown timer always sucks me (and my credit card ) right in...doh!

ronkh57
07-21-2016, 05:13 PM
A little off to the side, since you mentioned qd's
would love to see head to head
Sonax BSD + Kenotek Showroom shine.

Love em both

GSKR
07-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Gotta tell you that hi temp wax is a really good product.Bought it yesterday and applied it to my 15 eclass hood.parked it in the garage last night and till about mid morning.Took the hose and rinsed the whole car.Then parked it outside in the hot humid blazing sun,and there were no spots on the hood.hydrophobic like crazy also good stuff for 17.00.

ronkh57
07-21-2016, 05:25 PM
Gotta tell you that hi temp wax is a really good product.Bought it yesterday and applied it to my 15 eclass hood.parked it in the garage last night and till about mid morning.Took the hose and rinsed the whole car.Then parked it outside in the hot humid blazing sun,and there were no spots on the hood.hydrophobic like crazy also good stuff for 17.00.

city water?

GSKR
07-21-2016, 07:09 PM
city water?
Yes.

ronkh57
07-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Yes.

Cool. Since I think we may have same here

Rsurfer
07-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Cool. Since I think we may have same here:haha:

Rsurfer
07-21-2016, 07:22 PM

Does that mean if I use that Hi Temp Wax, I can wash my car, park it in the sun and no water spots?

GSKR
07-21-2016, 07:42 PM
I just did the hood and the car was on a slant and the water just rolled off compared to the rest of the car,there was no residual spotting.

Kamakaz1961
07-21-2016, 07:49 PM
I like the Wolfgang stuff. Their sealant is really good too. As for Dodo Juice...that would be me extreme least favorite and not even attempt to put it on your ride. The 915 is nice but make sure you put it on thin.

My 1st choice would be the Wolfgangs. 2nd Collinite 915. As I said before forget the Dodo Juice.....this is from 1st hand experience.....sorry to the Dodo Juice Fanboys I have offended in advance.

Rsurfer
07-21-2016, 07:54 PM
I just did the hood and the car was on a slant and the water just rolled off compared to the rest of the car,there was no residual spotting.

Cool

GSKR
07-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Cool

Stuff is pretty cool.utube hi temp wax stuff acts like a coating.real user friendly to apply and remove outdoors as well.