PDA

View Full Version : Holy Wolfgang, Lord of Uber and its super slick polymers! :)

emmjay
07-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Hey guys,

Thought i'd post a mini review of Uber RW.

I've been using ONR as rinseless for the past 1.5 months, due to extreme heat in Dubai.

I just placed an order during the awesome sale and threw in a 16oz of Uber (good price but still paid a lot due to shipping).

Overall impressions:

SUPER SLICK!!! The towels just glided over the surface and it felt like how my paint feels after a good coat of Menz Powerlock, just plain slick.

Not at all grabby like ONR. ONR never felt slick to me. ONR also left spots and the residue was tough to wipe off if left for too long. This was not the case with Uber. I also missed a few spots where it had a dried up, just a quick pass with my towel and it came right off - unlike ONR which I have to fight to remove any missed spots.

Scent was nice, reminded me of this bubble gum that was sold here in powder form in a baby jug, it was called bubble jug.

3 Gallons were made, I then mixed the solution and using a measuring cup I filled my 2 litre pump sprayer as my presoak. Following Mike Honcho's advice, whatever solution was left in my bucket I then poured into my pump sprayer for next time. I still had some left over which I had to dump as I had nowhere to put it.

Next time I shall only make 2 gallons. So close to 0.67oz , wish me luck measuring that lol.

Overall, AWESOME product!! :dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

If only it was always available here. I get ONR for $40 locally (gallon).

Cons: I have to go back to using ONR after my 16oz Uber RW is done :cry::cry:

One thing im scared of....My bumpers were repainted after a fender bender and I got my car back 35 days ago.It was painted by the Honda dealer itself. I used Uber all over and I'm worried about the paint cure process.....I do park it outside 24/7 in temps between 95-120. However, if someone has any suggestions or opinions please do let me know as I do not want to mess up the paint.

Thank you :)

kevincwelch
07-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Agree.

It's a fantastic rinseless wash, and it is now my go-to rinseless. I'll presoak using D114 or ONR, but WGURW is what I use with either 840 or 1100 GSM towels.

fly07sti
07-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Uber is a great product. That and D115 are my favs. I have many others but as Kevin said I'll also use as a personal and also for regular bucket washes to aid in lubricty. Also use my ONR for clay lube.

emmjay
07-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Uber is a great product. That and D115 are my favs. I have many others but as Kevin said I'll also use as a personal and also for regular bucket washes to aid in lubricty. Also use my ONR for clay lube.

True, ONR is great as a clay lube and does not break the bank.

addysdaddy
07-21-2016, 01:11 PM
converting oz to ml, you need about 20 MLs of Uber to 2 gallons of water - makes life much simplier.

Jaretr1
07-21-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes, a very versatile product that performs as advertised!

ViperGuy21
07-21-2016, 01:30 PM
I just started using it as well and absolutely love it!

It will be great for me washing my car while at college

Mike@ShineStruck
07-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Have yet to try it due to Blackfire always having BOGOS lol

BM1024
07-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the review. Receive my first bottle of ONR this week and can't say I'm was really impressed. Going to give it a few more chances, but if it doesn't suit me then I'll try Uber.

Thanks again. I visited Dubai almost 30 years ago - I remember that heat!

Scoobertin
07-21-2016, 06:04 PM
Super slick. I spilled some on the floor and wiped it up with a wet paper towel. My wifey comes into garage and gives me a look and ask what I spilled on the floor. I asked why, she said your daughter fell twice and I almost broke my ass. I walk in there and bam I ended breaking my ass. Lol I was like oh that new stuff I bought. We were both like that stuff is slick. You know it is slick when your family is all sprawled out on the floor.

pheerix
07-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Yea don't spill the concentrate, it'll stain porous surfaces, make it super slick, and smell like cherry slurpee for weeks

emmjay
07-22-2016, 03:31 AM
Super slick. I spilled some on the floor and wiped it up with a wet paper towel. My wifey comes into garage and gives me a look and ask what I spilled on the floor. I asked why, she said your daughter fell twice and I almost broke my ass. I walk in there and bam I ended breaking my ass. Lol I was like oh that new stuff I bought. We were both like that stuff is slick. You know it is slick when your family is all sprawled out on the floor.

Damn! Thats actually funny lol.

Yea don't spill the concentrate, it'll stain porous surfaces, make it super slick, and smell like cherry slurpee for weeks

:p I dumped whatever was left of the solution, hope thats okay...However, my garage is isnt a flat floor, its a brick floor.

Justin at Final Inspection
07-22-2016, 05:24 AM
Love Uber Rinseless wash. I have it mixed at .5 oz to 32 oz of water for a clay lube/waterless wash. Stuff is awesome. In the winter it works great for a rinseless wash.

Mantilgh
07-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Great product!

I really like Uber. I usually carry gallon of D114, McKee's 37 rinseless, and my small bottle of Uber rinseless with me. I almost have to force myself not to reach for Uber, and many times I just go with it instead because I like it so much. It's a pleasure to to use.