PDA

View Full Version : omg!!! swirlmarks from outerspace?

style
10-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Ok,quick question.. 04 ford super duty truck driven through the beautiful texas mexico desert through mesquites and cactus by lovley drug runners until captured sold through a local customs auction then brought to me by a local dealer coverd in scratches, now used 1500grit and wet sanded all the scratches out to level the clearcoat in a hurry then used rotary to compound then used orbital to wax.... Now see the swirl marks... Hmm has the wax sealed in the swirl marks or can an orbital still fix it... Or rotary with waffle pad then orbital or what?any help is appreciated.. Thanx.....

Well some foam pad polish and a waffle pad on a rotory worked perfect then waxed again with a orbital... Looks like glass and 1500 is perfect,thanx for all the help..

6LS2
10-25-2007, 04:07 AM
So you wetsanded, compounded, then waxed..? Oh god.

Tonya
10-25-2007, 05:50 AM
How about some :Picture:

Dust2Glory
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
The first problem is u used the word "hurry"... which is a no no. Second what chemicals did u use and what kind of pads? Thirdly, after you compounded, you should of polished before you waxed. And lastly yes a orbit can remove swirls, but its faster with a rotary.

P1et
10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Since you went from compounding to waxing, you only MAGNIFIED the horrible paint you were dealing with. You have quite a few more steps to do when going from beat up paint to last step product.

What are you using?

My buddy's '05 F250 went through the same thing. They wetsanded it, then compounded it and then, with a rotary, supposedly brought it back to new. When the setting sun hit it though, it looks like shite. Had him take it back TWICE for them to re-do it with the DA. Still only looked "OK"...

scottgt
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
you seem to be in a huge hurry for some reason...take your time...do it right the 1st time...you need to follow up with a polish after the compound

dontsleeponit
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
yea and not like Im an experienced wet sander or anything, but I think you should finish off with something finer then 1500, like 2000 or 2500. You might not have even needed 1500 to begin with, did you try the least agressive first?

hell are you sure it needed wet sanding to begin with?