PDA

View Full Version : What speed settings do you use on gg6 and gg3

Dman81
07-21-2016, 12:19 AM
What speed setting does everybody use for the different steps with a gg6 and gg3?

I just finished polishing my truck with the gg6 and don't think I ever went all the way up to 6. I stayed around 5 for both correction and polishing. I did notice that hd cut seemed to flash over so I'm wondering if I should have backed the speed down to four to increase my working time.

Reason I ask about the gg3 is I think I'm about to purchase one. I'm a weekend warrior and think I could benefit from it.

Thanks to everyone on this site for helping a newb complete his first run.

Rsurfer
07-21-2016, 12:35 AM
What speed setting does everybody use for the different steps with a gg6 and gg3?

I just finished polishing my truck with the gg6 and don't think I ever went all the way up to 6. I stayed around 5 for both correction and polishing. I did notice that hd cut seemed to flash over so I'm wondering if I should have backed the speed down to four to increase my working time.

Reason I ask about the gg3 is I think I'm about to purchase one. I'm a weekend warrior and think I could benefit from it.

Thanks to everyone on this site for helping a newb complete his first run.

Speed 4-5 on the GG6. Get a 3.5" backing plate with 4" pads and forget about the 3" Griot.

5knives
08-09-2016, 02:21 PM
This is what I plan on doing. Although I'll be going with 3" plate/pads. Do I need an extension for the 3" backing plate? If so, which one? All the ones I see say for "rotary only". Will these still fit?

Thanks

Rsurfer
08-09-2016, 02:28 PM
This is what I plan on doing. Although I'll be going with 3" plate/pads. Do I need an extension for the 3" backing plate? If so, which one? All the ones I see say for "rotary only". Will these still fit?

Thanks

No, they are for rotary (5/8") use. You can get a rotary to DA extension, but the shaft is weak and may break.

5knives
08-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Got it thanks. I'll just stick with the backing plate.

WAXOFF
08-09-2016, 08:21 PM
I have the GG3 and while it has a use it is under powered in my opinion. I have the thicker 3" pads and if you start bear down on them it will stop. Anything below 4 is about useless. I normally use a Flex 3401 so when i pick this up I have to think about shutting it off before lifting as it will make a royal mess at the higher speeds with splatter. I think I may give my PC7424XP a try with 3" or get some thin pads for the GG3.