PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend next?

Coopers ST
07-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Hey all,
I am looking for opinions on my next purchase. I am a part time detailer, I work on a couple cars a month ranging from just interior, to wash, clay, and polish sealant. I am wondering what I should get next.
I now have:
Steamer
Shop vac
Lots of different attachments including powered brush head for shop vac
GG6
Lots of different pads all in 6.5" but non microfiber pads
Lots of different sizes detail brushes, interior, wheels, tires, wheel wells...
Cleaning chemicals
Polishes, waxes, sealants, AIO's, interior protectants

My thinking...
Ozone machine
Headlight restoration stuff (it would be another service to offer)
Smaller pads (5.5" and or 3") I am thinking going with the BOSS system on my GG6
If I got a tornador I would also need a new air compressor as the one I have isn't enough to power one.
Pressure washer, though I can't really think of when I have thought one would do something I can't otherwise do.
Or...?

custmsprty
07-19-2016, 05:38 PM
I'd get a decent carpet extractor before an ozone machine.

GSKR
07-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Yeah,ditch the ozone for good waste of money.

rtjc
07-20-2016, 04:03 AM
Pressure Washer, Without a doubt. Here in the UK we'd be lost without our pressure washers and they're considered a must have in your arsenal. I know they aren't as poplar in the US but refining your wash routine and minimising the possibility of wash marring and removing as much dirt as possible prior to touching the car is a must. A normal hose, regardless of attachment doesn't cut it. At least in our climate. I don't wash without one.

shagnat
08-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Definitely the pressure washer also the smaller pads.

Coopers ST
08-17-2016, 04:51 PM
Smaller pads and headlight restoration stuff will be here today.

dcjredline
08-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Pressure washer if not for anything else it's a great initial rinse tool. Then get some of the McKees headlight polish and the spray sealant. No need to sand anymore headlights.

Coopers ST
08-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Pressure washer if not for anything else it's a great initial rinse tool. Then get some of the McKees headlight polish and the spray sealant. No need to sand anymore headlights.

McKees headlight is what I ordered