PDA

View Full Version : Finish kare 1000

Pages : [1] 2 3

frankprozzoly
07-19-2016, 12:52 PM
I bought a can of this. Hopefully it'll help with standing water causing a little etching. My cars so big that some of the water just sits on the car

SirTanon
07-19-2016, 01:38 PM
1000p is terrific stuff. It will probably help but I doubt it will magically fix your problem if you get that much standing water. At the very least, you'll end up with excellent paint protection

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

FUNX650
07-19-2016, 01:58 PM
I bought a can of this.

Hopefully it'll help with standing
water causing a little etching.

For best results...{keeping in mind
that FK1000P is a Sealant}...give it
a day (or two) for it to "fully cure"
before exposing it to any moisture.

Bob

frankprozzoly
07-19-2016, 02:42 PM
For best results...{keeping in mind
that FK1000P is a Sealant}...give it
a day (or two) for it to "fully cure"
before exposing it to any moisture.

Bob

Unfortunately I might be able to let it sit for a day, certainly not 2

FUNX650
07-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Unfortunately I might be able to
let it sit for a day, certainly not 2
Don't need to let it sit:
Just keep it moisture free.

Bob

frankprozzoly
07-19-2016, 03:12 PM
You never responded to why you don't care for nanoskin type products? I'm curious why you don't care for them

ski2
07-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Frank--I've had 2 coats of FK1000 on my car for almost a year now and have had no etching problems from standing water or bird bombs so you should be good to go. Car sat at greater PIT for nearly 3 weeks this winter in the open long term parking and was covered in jet exhaust and a few bird bombs when we returned--all of it washed off with no problems and no etching.

FUNX650
07-19-2016, 04:47 PM
You never responded to why you
don't care for nanoskin type products?
I'm curious why you don't care for them
I didn't mean to make it seem
like I was speaking in absolutes.

'Cause...(as we all know)...when it
comes to detailing:
Nothing is the correct answer 100% of
the time, for everyone, in every situation.

Although I've had numerous opportunities
to try out various "Clay alternatives" over
the past few years...I still prefer the
"regular ol' traditional Auto Clays".

Their just my favorite flavor.
However: I can see where the other
options have a certain appeal.

Bob

Cruzscarwash
07-27-2016, 01:43 PM
so i have another thread that i posted where im comparing sonax NPS and FK1000 for waterspots, while all are far from perfect the sonax is holding up the best, and this is an extreme case test. i have a hood on the front lawn that gets hit with the sprinkler daily and then bakes in the sun al day at pretty much no less then 98 degrees a day, yesterday alone of 113 degrees(Mojave desert)

GSKR
07-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I've tried and threw out many detailing products in my 24 year detailing career.I love hi temp it's magic in a can.I was truly a dedicated collinite user on everything,before bob posted many reviews of hi temp.Went to ag and bought it as I'm strictly mobile in south Florida I gave this product a shot in the blazing sun.This product is a breeze to use with excellent gloss on all colors and can be used on glass as well except the windshield due to chatter.There is a difference between collinite and hi temp via application and removal.Im married to this product for now on,collinite is a great product so there is no negetive info on it thanks bob!

FrankS
07-27-2016, 04:21 PM
What is the expected duration for a car sitting outside 24/7, let's say in South FL?

GSKR
07-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Hey frank,I would say with proper maintenance 6 months.Hi temp May last longer due to the fact it can sustain hot temps and it won't burn off as quick compared to others.I really like it due to the fact it deosnt bleed in hot temperatures when removing and zero streaks and ease of removal,what more can you ask from a quality can of wax.I tested this product on my Benz .I applied it to the fender scorching hot and sprayed apc straight and I let it dwell on there till almost dry.Hosed off with superior water sheeting I'm sold.

FrankS
07-27-2016, 05:09 PM
Hey frank,I would say with proper maintenance 6 months.Hi temp May last longer due to the fact it can sustain hot temps and it won't burn off as quick compared to others.I really like it due to the fact it deosnt bleed in hot temperatures when removing and zero streaks and ease of removal,what more can you ask from a quality can of wax.I tested this product on my Benz .I applied it to the fender scorching hot and sprayed apc straight and I let it dwell on there till almost dry.Hosed off with superior water sheeting I'm sold.

Thanks Jeff!

Sounds like good stuff.

silverfox
07-27-2016, 05:30 PM
My winter regiment is now Carpro Essence topped with FK1000p. Talk about bullet proof gloss.

GSKR
07-27-2016, 05:44 PM
My winter regiment is now Carpro Essence topped with FK1000p. Talk about bullet proof gloss.I have to try that combo thanks for the info.