PDA

View Full Version : Compound + AIO?

BSchwoob
07-19-2016, 01:16 AM
Hey everyone, I have been lurking in the shadows for quite a while but this is my first time posting. On the last truck I detailed I used my pinnacle advanced swirl remover followed by pinnacle XMT AIO with my porter cable. I was just wondering if there is anyone else out there doing this as I seemed to get pretty good results and if there are any reasons I should not be doing this?50533

BudgetPlan1
07-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Someone more experienced could likely provide more input but based on the pic I'd say it's working quite well and likely saves a bit of time.

emmjay
07-19-2016, 05:25 AM
I think it should be fine. I have seen the same method being used by some people who use HD polishes. Example would be Cut followed by Speed.

mwoolfso
07-19-2016, 06:25 AM
Stay the course unless you want to introduce change. I learned a long time ago that "if it works", you should "do it again". :-)

lawrenceSA
07-19-2016, 06:40 AM
I do it too sometimes. In my opinion, one of the things you need to check is that the AIO of your choice is actually removing any of the DA Haze/Buffer trails created by your first step and not just filling it, or these will 're-appear' once the fillers of the AIO 'wash away'. But if you are getting sufficient cut out of the AIO to remove any 'compounding' marks from your first step, then I can't see why applying an AIO afterwards is 'wrong'.

It certainly saves a step not having to LSP separately...

LSNAutoDetailing
07-19-2016, 07:03 AM
Yes, With HD Speed.

BSchwoob
07-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Thanks!

Whitewater25
07-19-2016, 08:12 AM
Either cut or adapt followed by speed. Then top with Poxy for a really good shine and added durability.if you do the first 2 steps,the Poxy goes on & off really easy.

FUNX650
07-19-2016, 08:36 AM
On the last truck I detailed I used my pinnacle
advanced swirl remover followed by pinnacle
XMT AIO with my porter cable.

I seemed to get pretty good results

any reasons I should not be doing this?
Although I don't consider Pinnacle Advanced
Swirl Remover to be a "compound"...
I don't see any reasons why your following
this product up---with the AIO you mention
above---should pose any problems.