PDA

View Full Version : Uber rinseless - Presoak or not to Presoak. How do you use it?

Pages : [1] 2

emmjay
07-17-2016, 11:35 AM
Hello,

Using ONR all this while as rinseless. I am of the pool that uses ONR at QD ratio as a presoak before using the Garry Dean method to rinseless wash my car. (3 oz per 2 gallons as I just want to be safe).

I then follow with a spritz of ONR at QD ratio while drying as a drying aid and to avoid any marring.

Honda paint is way too soft for my liking.

Is there a similar method to use Uber Rinseless? By that I mean, pre-soak, followed by wash media (8 towels) and then followed by damp Purple Plush with a spritz of Solution, flip over to dry to a high shine.

How do you use Uber Rinseless?

cleanmycorolla
07-17-2016, 11:42 AM
its the same way as any other rinseless no need to change process :)

emmjay
07-17-2016, 11:49 AM
its the same way as any other rinseless no need to change process :)

True. But just to confirm as its night here and Im beat from work....Sun - Thurs in my country.

QD Presoak. Wash solution..wash. QD spritz to dry yes?

My other option would be 1 oz per 3 gallons. I only use 2 gallons so I could use the remaining 1 gal in a pump sprayer as my presoak.

Thank you.

We are rather active today haha.

usmcpab
07-17-2016, 12:24 PM
My other option would be 1 oz per 3 gallons. I only use 2 gallons so I could use the remaining 1 gal in a pump sprayer as my presoak.

Thank you.

We are rather active today haha.[/QUOTE]

This is basically how I perform rinseless wash with Wolfgang uber.

Chloe92us
07-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I typically do a pre-soak spray followed by rinseless as well. But I dry with a spray wax instead of the QD. I feel the extra step of pre soaking the car helps but it may be all in my head. The products were designed to work without doing that so it's probably excessive. I use ONR, Uber (thanks Ron!), or Ultima. I've recently been dabbling in waterless washing as well, and have to say it looks awesome when I do....

emmjay
07-17-2016, 11:33 PM
Awesome, thanks guys. Uber is a lot more expensive and comes in a tiny bottle so I dont want to waste it if not needed.

pheerix
07-18-2016, 01:26 AM
The presoak isn't that crucial as long as you have something there that lubricates and breaks up the dirt a little. I've used ONR, Opti-Clean, D114, Spray and Wipe, even plain water from a quick hose down before Rinseless with Uber and they've all been fine.

emmjay
07-18-2016, 02:05 AM
The presoak isn't that crucial as long as you have something there that lubricates and breaks up the dirt a little. I've used ONR, Opti-Clean, D114, Spray and Wipe, even plain water from a quick hose down before Rinseless with Uber and they've all been fine.

Thanks Pheerix. My Honda paint is quite soft, so I try to be (read am) quite AR haha.

chet31
07-19-2016, 12:31 AM
I use ONR, make 2 gallons, one gallon into a garden sprayer for pre-soak, one for my microfibers (Garry Dean method). Pre-soaking takes so little time and effort, I think it makes things slicker. No need to use QD strength for pre-soak IMO. Also, drying car using QD spray is overkill, the surface is clean and there is already ONR on the surface.

Jomax
07-19-2016, 12:36 AM
I do the Garry dean method, and use a two gallon garden sprayer to pre soak. It's SOO easy to pre soak. I just do it, and I know for a fact that it makes RW more safe, especially on black paint. I used to use d156 as a drying aid with ONRW. But with WG uber. I see no need. It leaves the paint SLICK.

emmjay
07-19-2016, 01:00 AM
I use ONR, make 2 gallons, one gallon into a garden sprayer for pre-soak, one for my microfibers (Garry Dean method). Pre-soaking takes so little time and effort, I think it makes things slicker. No need to use QD strength for pre-soak IMO. Also, drying car using QD spray is overkill, the surface is clean and there is already ONR on the surface.

I do the Garry dean method, and use a two gallon garden sprayer to pre soak. It's SOO easy to pre soak. I just do it, and I know for a fact that it makes RW more safe, especially on black paint. I used to use d156 as a drying aid with ONRW. But with WG uber. I see no need. It leaves the paint SLICK.

Thanks guys. I too will be using the regular wash ratio as my presoak. I use 1.5 gallons in my bucket with 10 towels so i will have 1.5 gallons left over. I will transfer that into my pump sprayers for pre soak :D.

Lets face it, I can make 2 gallons so as to not waste product, but all these ratios are annoying.That would need 0.67 oz (ughhhhh)

I just wish they would use ml and not oz. I know its how its measured stateside but just my opinion. For example 32oz is 946ml (what an annoying number) 1oz is 29ml etc. .....1000ml bottles would make life a lot easier lol and so would using ml or liters. If the rest of the world can do it and use those metrics then why not... :P Only reason I say this as I have lived in 4 countries since birth and ml and liters have been the way. Even all our measuring tools are labeled as such. (RANT OVER)

I just used QD strength with ONR as I have a Honda. But I see the point now. Uber is expensive, more than twice the price for me as it ships across half the world, and I do not want to waste precious product lol. I use D156 too but only because ONR is a little grabby.

What sucks is, after all these amazing reviews of Uber, it sucks that I will have to go back to ONR once my bottle of Uber runs out. :,(

Thanks again :D

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-19-2016, 01:17 AM
Yes always pre soak, nothing wrong with extra lubrication that will help soften and help encapsulate the dirt.

Nothing wrong with taking a extra step that takes no time to prevent scratching and marring.

It litteraly takes no time and no effort.

emmjay
07-19-2016, 01:30 AM
Yes always pre soak, nothing wrong with extra lubrication that will help soften and help encapsulate the dirt.

Nothing wrong with taking a extra step that takes no time to prevent scratching and marring.

It litteraly takes no time and no effort.

Agreed Joe! Thanks :)

Harry Da Hamster
07-19-2016, 02:37 AM
Yep another vote for pre-soak. Buy a $10 pump sprayer. It's so easy there's no reason not to pre-soak

frankprozzoly
07-19-2016, 03:49 AM
If price is the factor use meguiars 114 instead of onr