PDA

View Full Version : Spray bottles & waterless wash

Al D
07-17-2016, 10:48 AM
After reading up more and more about waterless car washes, I'm ready to start using them. For my use, they seem like a natural.
My questions are this:
1) What type of spray bottles do you use for products you need to dilute? I'm a fan of Blackfire products and was going to buy a couple of pressure spray bottles. They state to clean after each use. If that correct, it won't work for me. Is there a popular brand or type of spray bottle I should be looking at?
2) I stated I like Blackfire, so I was going to go with their concentrate. Has anyone used the Blackfire and found something they like better?
thanks Al

pheerix
07-17-2016, 10:50 AM
1. Kwazar bottles
2. Wolfgang Uber

cleanmycorolla
07-17-2016, 10:52 AM
So, I don't use a spray bottle I use pressure sprayers. They're much better for waterless washes. You can lock the sprayer in place, a lot nicer than hitting the trigger every second for a spray. I got some 55oz sprayers with brass fittings from Home Depot, they rock for the garden too! Also, you don't have to wash the bottle after every use, don't know why they say that. I clean my out 3-4 times a years, and they've last dmc years...Also in terms of diluting, just use a small measuring cup, AG sells little 1oz ones for like $2.

expdetailing
07-17-2016, 11:26 AM
I also use a 2 gallon pressure sprayer. I find that to wash my minivan I use approx 3/4 of a gallon. That would be too much for my hand using a regular bottle. Also, I like to use Ultima Waterless Wash because it's economical and an excellent waterless wash. I also like to use Pinnacle Waterless with carnauba. It's not cheap, but the carnauba is nice for some extra shine and slickness after drying.
Whatever you choose to use, just remember in the hot sun, any carnauba will require you to dry more thoroughly.

VeloNYC
07-17-2016, 12:57 PM
I use a 1.5 litter pressure sprayer not sold on AG. I dilute D114 in a gallon container and adding solution as needed to pressure sprayer during the wash. The good part is an unused liquid I can store for later wash. It is very economical, I use a gallon for exterior including wheels washing my Mz3 HB.

shadwell
07-17-2016, 08:49 PM
I use 1 ltr pump sprayer bottles from the local hardware stores.. they have the pump an trigger and a trigger lock.. $2USD each... they also have 200ml markings so easy to get 4:1 etc...

1./ for ONR
2./ for Megs D101 APC
3./ for Megs Wheel brightener

For spray wax (OCW) I re-purpose meguiars detail spray or spray wax bottles.....
For my travel detail spray I mix ONR & OCW in a repurposed megs spray wax bottle....
For Red7 (Iron-x) i re-purpose Windex Claer surface spray bottle as these also have aplastic spring...
For Water (damp sanding) i also use re-purposed Windex surface spray bottles (flushed..)

They are all hooked on the side of a 40l plastic tub with all the polishes in them.....

Need a funnel to top em up from my gallon tubs but thats no issue..

Nor Cal ZL1
07-18-2016, 12:58 AM
I use this kit and it works well. Never rinsed the sprayer and no issues. You would probably want to add a few more of the water less wash micros to the order just to make sure you have enough on hand.
I can get away with 2 if the car just has garage dust only. The blackfire waterless is a great product, you wont be disappointed with it.

Be sure to read up on the process and how dirty the car can be and still be safe with waterless. My rule is, if the dust is just sitting, and not bonded from moisture like rain, or dew, and is not excessive like a car sitting for awhile with a large dust build up, then I will go water less. For moderate dust, and light bonded I switch to Rinseless, beyond that traditional 2 bucket.

Blackfire plays really well with crystal seal, and polymer spray, as well as most any product. It does not like almost any water less wash, work well on a car with a ceramic coating.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Kit creates over a dozen gallons of ready-to-use waterless wash! (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-car-wash-kit1.html)

Anderson Smith
07-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Awesome tips. will surely try these ideas..

parshooter
07-18-2016, 07:40 AM
I use this kit and it works well. Never rinsed the sprayer and no issues. You would probably want to add a few more of the water less wash micros to the order just to make sure you have enough on hand.
I can get away with 2 if the car just has garage dust only. The blackfire waterless is a great product, you wont be disappointed with it.

Be sure to read up on the process and how dirty the car can be and still be safe with waterless. My rule is, if the dust is just sitting, and not bonded from moisture like rain, or dew, and is not excessive like a car sitting for awhile with a large dust build up, then I will go water less. For moderate dust, and light bonded I switch to Rinseless, beyond that traditional 2 bucket.

Blackfire plays really well with crystal seal, and polymer spray, as well as most any product. It does not like almost any water less wash, work well on a car with a ceramic coating.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash Kit creates over a dozen gallons of ready-to-use waterless wash! (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-car-wash-kit1.html)
JUST 2 towels? I go through at least 10 when doing my car. I also do waterless after a rain, so I'm a little more flexible than you with my "rules". I did just get that Blackfire kit, still have a few washed with my old Ultima, then I'll start with the BF. Can't wait to use that spray bottle.

Nor Cal ZL1
07-18-2016, 09:33 AM
JUST 2 towels? I go through at least 10 when doing my car. I also do waterless after a rain, so I'm a little more flexible than you with my "rules". I did just get that Blackfire kit, still have a few washed with my old Ultima, then I'll start with the BF. Can't wait to use that spray bottle.

2 towels yes but were talking very little dust. Were talking a car that was washed, then put in the garage for a week. Most normal people would say it was clean. Honestly if I cant get the car clean with two of the waterless wash towels, it is time to.go rinsless. I usually can get the hood, roof, and trunk with one before you even see any dirt on the towel. I use a method where I use the towel divided into about 8 segments, so each pass is a fresh portion. I also do not do water less for the wheels on my car. Much faster to use water there due to design.

I would say yes on a daily driver your going to need more towels, there is nothing wrong with having enough towels.

In my area water use restrictions have been lifted, so I'm back to the 2 bucket, and water less is reserved for that quick touch up when the car just needs a light dusting.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
07-18-2016, 09:54 AM
For waterless washing, I use the large Kwazar bottle. I have tried pressurized sprayers and regular bottles. The Kwazars are perfect. Autogeek offered black, empty gallon jugs at one time. I basically pre-mix a few gallons to just refill as I go.

Out of all the waterless washes I have used, my favorite is the Ultima Waterless Wash +. A close second, believe it or not, is the Meguiar`s Wash & Wax Anywhere (I cannot remember the Meguiar`s Detailer`s line number currently).

When I do paint correction and coatings on customer cars, I actually set them up with a large bottle of Ultima as drying aid and to use as Quick Detail Spray, with proper education and towels obviously.

On a side note, there was a brand that I swear was literally color changed Ultima WW+ that Will Russell featured in It`s Better Waxed Box. It was called Enthusiast`s Only Waterless Wash.

parshooter
07-18-2016, 09:54 AM
Yeah, that makes sense.

Al D
07-18-2016, 10:56 PM
That's what I went with, but I parted it out since I only use edgeless towels. Looking forward to receiving them in a week or so.

Al D
07-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Another question, is the rinseless just for washing with water, or do you use it like your waterless?

ducksfan
07-18-2016, 11:49 PM
There's different ways to do rinseless.

You can do it with buckets like a regular wash.
You can put put a bunch of microfibers in a bucket (maybe 10) and add enough solution to soak them all. Remove one at a time, turning to new sides as you wipe. Nothing goes back in the bucket.
You can get a pressure sprayer (The hand pumps work, but bigger 2+ gallon with a hose to sprayer work better) and either use the above MF's in a bucket or a wash mitt. There are different variations of this method. I pre-spray and then keep almost a constant spray of solution on the car as I wash. It only takes maybe 2-3 gallons (About the amount you would use with the bucket method. Rinseless solution is cheap - more water is safer).