PDA

View Full Version : FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles)wants to test my Challenger Um..NO

Pages : [1] 2

hoyt66
07-17-2016, 08:00 AM
I received a letter from FCA stating that they have a government mandated test program for privately owned Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Fiat vehicles etc....
If I choose to let them take my vehicle for 2-8 weeks they will give me a loaner vehicle and after return my car with a full tank of gas and a fresh wash.
So even if I would participate (which most of would not. Not a chance in you know where) they would return my car with cheap gas and a bunch of swirls in the paint form the swirl maker car wash they would run it through. No thanks!!

LaFawnduh
07-17-2016, 09:30 AM
Wash and gas - that's it? No cash or payment forgiveness? Why would anyone do that?

Mike lambert
07-17-2016, 09:52 AM
If they gave me a new hell cat to drive they can skip the wash!

RAMRebel
07-17-2016, 09:58 AM
That doesn't seem like a very good deal on any level...

Jowillie
07-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Hmm. Could depend on the loaner... and if they want to make a month or two of car-payments.
Some dealers make offers like that to get you to drive a new model and perhaps trade when the "test" is up.

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2016, 11:02 AM
That really makes no sense...what could they possibly be doing for 2-8 weeks, and why would their compensation to you be so meager for that? I mean it would be different if they wanted you to come into the dealer for something for an hour or two and you got a wash and a (partial) tank of gas, but this sounds pretty fishy? You sure this was legit and not some elaborate car theft scheme?

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Hmm. Could depend on the loaner... and if they want to make a month or two of car-payments.
Some dealers make offers like that to get you to drive a new model and perhaps trade when the "test" is up.

Yeah, I thought about that, like the letters the dealers send about how in-demand your car is in the used car market, etc. I suppose the "test" could actually be the loaner car, and they want the OP's opinion of it.

Klasse Act
07-17-2016, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why anyone would do this when there's nothing in it for the owner. At minimum they would have to make your payments, a nice loaner and full servicing of your cars fluids, whether it needs it or not, skip the wash and take the full tank of gas.

It would be funny if they tested my car, it's pretty well modified but if they agreed to my above conditions the loaner would need to be an Alfa Romeo Guilia, I need my Italian car with barking exhaust fix!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

swanicyouth
07-17-2016, 01:48 PM
I would tell them they can buy it back from you for what you paid for it.

Or,

They give can give you a new car of equal or higher value of your choosing and they can have it...

What kind of 3rd rate car company wants to "borrow" or "test" your car after you bought it?

Why type of shady business practice is that?

Chrysler / Mopar / Fiat / Dodge / Jeep whatever it's called...has to be the worse of the worse.

RTexasF
07-17-2016, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a bogus letter to me.

frankprozzoly
07-17-2016, 04:05 PM
I received a letter from FCA stating that they have a government mandated test program for privately owned Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Fiat vehicles etc....
If I choose to let them take my vehicle for 2-8 weeks they will give me a loaner vehicle and after return my car with a full tank of gas and a fresh wash.
So even if I would participate (which most of would not. Not a chance in you know where) they would return my car with cheap gas and a bunch of swirls in the paint form the swirl maker car wash they would run it through. No thanks!!

Did you go to carlisle? I went today. I won't do that again. Everyone was leaving. I'll have to take off work next time. I ran into another forum member. I recognized his challenger immediately. It's all decked out with steelers colors. I forget his name already. I'm terrible with names

hoyt66
07-17-2016, 07:08 PM
Wash and gas - that's it? No cash or payment forgiveness? Why would anyone do that?
I read the letter again. They give you $250 as well pfft!

If they gave me a new hell cat to drive they can skip the wash!
I love the Hellcat! I still would not do that deal. I take amazing care of my Challenger and no one would be getting it even for a temporary Hellcat.

The cars paid for so that's out of the question :-)

That really makes no sense...what could they possibly be doing for 2-8 weeks, and why would their compensation to you be so meager for that? I mean it would be different if they wanted you to come into the dealer for something for an hour or two and you got a wash and a (partial) tank of gas, but this sounds pretty fishy? You sure this was legit and not some elaborate car theft scheme?
Looks legit. See pic. I don't know

Or,

They give can give you a new car of equal or higher value of your choosing and they can have it...

What kind of 3rd rate car company wants to "borrow" or "test" your car after you bought it?

Chrysler / Mopar / Fiat / Dodge / Jeep whatever it's called...has to be the worse of the worse.

True!! Right here!! I totally agree with this Swanic

Sounds like a bogus letter to me.

Might be, We won't find out. I'm not biting.

Did you go to carlisle? I went today. I won't do that again. Everyone was leaving. I'll have to take off work next time. I ran into another forum member. I recognized his challenger immediately. It's all decked out with steelers colors. I forget his name already. I'm terrible with names
Where's Carlisle? Why won't you go again and why was everyone leaving?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/watermark.php?file=107273

CanyonCarver
07-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Trade that thing in for a new Camaro SS. Problem solved lol

hoyt66
07-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Hahaha ok I know what you drive ;-)

custmsprty
07-17-2016, 07:37 PM

Or,

No actually, their is VW who totally cooked the books and software on emissions and cheating the system. LOL......