PDA

View Full Version : Swirl finder I can find at a store near me

Pages : [1] 2

uhohitsstevo
07-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I am looking to see if there is a swirl finder light that I could find a store near me, Walmart, target, lowes, Home Depot etc. I have a Work light I use now that I got but it's more of just a regular light.

David Hayward
07-16-2016, 07:50 PM
My honest opinion is you can use about any good quality led light. I use a tactical led light that has two levels on it and it works great. Try out a couple from Walmart if they don't work out for you then return them.

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-16-2016, 09:11 PM
I always carry a little mini Streamlight LED flashlight in my back pocket and it works as good as any "swirl finder" light.

AZ Mike
07-16-2016, 09:15 PM
I always carry a little mini Streamlight LED flashlight in my back pocket and it works as good as any "swirl finder" light.

This is what I have.

Desertnate
07-18-2016, 08:27 AM
My honest opinion is you can use about any good quality led light. I use a tactical led light that has two levels on it and it works great. Try out a couple from Walmart if they don't work out for you then return them.

Agree. A good LED flashlight is easy to come by for not much money.

I picked up a three-pack of really good LED flashlights at Costco for less than $25. They work really well on both intensity levels. Interestingly, if you took the big rubber grip off the Flex swirl finder light and painted it satin black, it would look exactly like the ones I picked up.

TiCaLLioNStaLLyN
07-18-2016, 07:38 PM
I bought a 250 lumen energizer headlamp for 25. Works great on the fly and for interior cleaning.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

chet31
07-18-2016, 11:17 PM
I bought a 250 lumen energizer headlamp for 25. Works great on the fly and for interior cleaning.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Oh crap, I own one, never thought of it for this, good tip.

mc2hill
07-23-2016, 10:18 AM
I have a Coast HX5 led (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TNOSF3I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
They can be found at some Home Depots.

frankprozzoly
07-23-2016, 10:48 AM
My led lights shine too bright to see imperfections. But this is for my car there are no swirls. But I still look for water spots or light scratches and the light makes the paint too bright

Farmingdales Finest
07-23-2016, 01:10 PM
What am I missing? I have seen this about special lights to see the swirls. It seems to me if you need a special light to see it, your car finish is pretty darn good. I can understand if it was for a car show but it seems for the most part it is for people's daily driver.

Not trying to argue. Just truly don't understand?

mhphoto
07-24-2016, 02:30 AM
What am I missing? I have seen this about special lights to see the swirls. It seems to me if you need a special light to see it, your car finish is pretty darn good. I can understand if it was for a car show but it seems for the most part it is for people's daily driver.

Not trying to argue. Just truly don't understand?

Having collected flashlights and detailed cars for most of my life, I can assure you that a quality flashlight will do the exact thing as a flashlight with a "Swirl Finder" sticker slapped on the side.

ski2
07-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Agreed that any decent LED flashlight will work as a swirl finder, but it seems they work best if they have one LED not multiple LEDs.

aliitp
07-25-2016, 08:48 PM
white led light or yellow (like sunlight) ????......

spazzz
07-25-2016, 09:55 PM
White light.

I have an 11 dollar Coast g20 that works great

jmikolich
07-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Is there something in the Brinkmann, where it has 2 offset LEDs that makes it better? I've always wondered why the official "Swirl finder" has offset light sources yet the best natural swirl finder (the sun) is just a single point light source