PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else not like SC Glass Cleaner?

Brandon1
10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
I purchased this on my last order at the advice of others, and have used it on many cars, I just find it dissapointing.

It streaks, it smears, it's difficult to wipe off, it does NOT bead like IG does. Even my little sister (detailer in training) noticed this, she went back and got my IG and went to cleaning the windows again. I use it with a Cobra Green allpurpose MF towel, turning for a final wipe on dry side.

What am I doing wrong with this stuff?

wolfpacker92
10-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Not sure what is going on because I have had nothing but HUGE success with the SC glass cleaner. It has never and I mean never streaked on me or any of the other problems you have had. In fact it works so good that I gave away my three bottles of IG that I had left when my 2 liter of SC came in.

2001MineralGrayStang
10-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I also followed the advice of others however I couldn't be happier with it. It produces some of the cleanest glass I've ever seen from ANY product. Check to make sure your microfiber is clean, when they get dirty they tend to smear glass.

Jimmie
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Try washing the MF's that you're going to use for glass by themselves. That has always worked on my streaking problems (other than hot glass).

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Try washing the MF's that you're going to use for glass by themselves. That has always worked on my streaking problems (other than hot glass).

My thoughts exactly... Make sure your mf's are clean...

As I have stated in other posts this is Thee best window cleaner I've used to date..

supercharged
10-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I purchased this on my last order at the advice of others, and have used it on many cars, I just find it dissapointing.

It streaks, it smears, it's difficult to wipe off, it does NOT bead like IG does. Even my little sister (detailer in training) noticed this, she went back and got my IG and went to cleaning the windows again. I use it with a Cobra Green allpurpose MF towel, turning for a final wipe on dry side.

You are using a wrong MF Towel (and it's probably not Cobra, right). I tried DP Krystal Vision, Stoners IG, Megs NXT and they all streaked with all purpose MF. As soon as I switched to Cobra Waffle Weave MF Glass towel - streak didn't bother me.

Brandon1
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I mean, i use a Green Cobra, it was clean, not in the sun, still streaked.

The thing is, under the same conditions, IG did not streak.

ScottB
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM
try using a glass specific WW MF towel. I too wonder if your towel is not completely clean or something used in past is reacting with cleaner in the wrong fashion. Some offer to boil towels to release contaminents, but I have never found need but use Microrestore almost religiously.

Dust2Glory
10-24-2007, 04:45 PM

i had same problem... I use WW from AG. I washed my window towels seperate. Still streaked!!!!

Rsurfer
10-24-2007, 08:35 PM
My thoughts exactly... Make sure your mf's are clean...

As I have stated in other posts this is Thee best window cleaner I've used to date..:iagree:Had some problems with streaking when using mf's. Now using AG WW for glass with no streaking problems even in the sun.