PDA

View Full Version : Interior dusting

Wolfslair
07-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Most dusting threads deal with dust on the outside of the car. My problem is dust inside settling on the dash, seats, and armrests. When I do the interior, I vacuum first. Next, I use an APC to clean everything, then reapply Aerospace 303. Once done everything still has dust on it and I go nuts! Does anyone have a trick or step I am missing?

ronkh57
07-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Slow motion with microfiber. The static helps.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Dust never sleeps ~ Neil Young,
or was that Rust Never Sleeps? :)

Either applies when discussing vehicles. Aside from what you're doing you may try a different MF towel, see if a new one out of the package makes a difference.
As the MF towels get older, they will lint.

Kenny94
07-15-2016, 10:53 AM
Not only I use this excellent tool for detailing of the exterior but also inside the car then I vacuumed.

http://www.autogeek.net/metro-blaster-sidekick.html

frankprozzoly
07-15-2016, 11:53 AM
Not only I use this excellent tool for detailing of the exterior but also inside the car then I vacuumed.

http://www.autogeek.net/metro-blaster-sidekick.html

Don't you get shi@ all over the place when you do this

Kenny94
07-15-2016, 12:51 PM
No, Open all the doors and start from the back. I got a vacuum going too. I actually got a video, give me some time and I'll post it here.

Jaretr1
07-15-2016, 12:56 PM
You will never eliminate dust, ever never ever! Perhaps use 303 a little less frequently as that may attract duct. I generally wipe everything down with the microfiber towel I use to dry the car after I wash it. Also check your car ac air filter. Make sure thats not overly dirty.

LEDetailing
07-15-2016, 03:11 PM
I may be using my imagination but Meguiar's quik interior detailer seems to do a good job of minimizing dust. I hardly ever use any protectants on my dash. Supposedly quik detailer has some protection.

postaddict
07-15-2016, 08:07 PM
My method is to vacuum, then use the blower with all doors open. While dust is settling I fill up my foam bottle and 2 buckets. I then quickly revac and close doors. I wash car and then my last step is to wipe interior with ONR at qd dilution and a plush mf towel. Works well for me and my renault is full of the shiny black plastics that shows up everything.

Eldorado2k
07-15-2016, 09:56 PM
When I do the interior, I vacuum first. Next, I use an APC to clean everything, then reapply Aerospace 303. Once done everything still has dust on it and I go nuts! Does anyone have a trick or step I am missing?

This must be the dilemma Judy B speaks about... The 303 might be attracting dust? I use Meguiars D180 Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and don't have this problem.

kecko
07-16-2016, 03:41 AM
I use a compact blower I bought from Ebay to blow everything from the back of the car towards the front....It's great for getting under / around the seats and the small spaces between the console. Then I use my Bissell Pro garage vacuum with small computer attachments to blow out vents, radio, instrument panel, around shifter boot, and doors. Vacuuming the entire car quickly comes next. Once completed, I, lightly spray some 303 on a rag and wipe down interior completely. If I use too much I notice it tends to attract dust quicker and streaks.

As mentioned dust is a ongoing issue. Every 3rd or 4th day I will quickly take my small compact blower and blow out any new dust.

If interior gets done the same day as the exterior I always start with interior first and exterior last, mainly because I like to get door jams cleaned out first.

scuff
07-16-2016, 02:43 PM
Most dusting threads deal with dust on the outside of the car. My problem is dust inside settling on the dash, seats, and armrests. When I do the interior, I vacuum first. Next, I use an APC to clean everything, then reapply Aerospace 303. Once done everything still has dust on it and I go nuts! Does anyone have a trick or step I am missing?

Try something like this: Laitner Grip-It Vent & Dash Duster (http://www.autogeek.net/vent-dash-duster.html). I've used something similar (rhymes with Biffer). Lots of static attraction, with the ability to draw light dust out of confined spaces, too. Keep one in the car for a little dusting whenever the Prozac wears off.

AutowerxDetailing
07-16-2016, 03:39 PM
I may be using my imagination but Meguiar's quik interior detailer seems to do a good job of minimizing dust. I hardly ever use any protectants on my dash. Supposedly quik detailer has some protection.

This is one of my favorite interior products for light interior cleaning. Removes dust, dirt, fingerprints, body oils, etc., and leaves a matte finish layer of protection. Perfect for weekly wipe downs to keep a vehicle's interior immaculate. I much prefer frequent usage of this product vs a "dressing" or protectant type product that may leave a sheen or attract dust.