PDA

View Full Version : NEW! 3.5 inch ThinPro Foam Pads! Thin is in and you're going to love these new small foam pads!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Justin at Final Inspection
07-18-2016, 08:29 AM
I just stocked up on the 5.5 in thin pads. You guys are killing my bank account lol! I may have to grab some

Mike@ShineStruck
07-18-2016, 08:47 AM
i may flock to these pads
Got the low pros for my 21 as they looked...and. now proved to be indestructible..where aa my boss pads would seperate..

I'll def get these for my Rupes mini and prob get them for the forced flex when I buy that!

Jaretr1
07-18-2016, 01:17 PM
These look cool. As many have mentioned, the 5.5 Thin Pro have become an instant favorite, seems like these would be a logical addition to a tool box!

jackbro
07-19-2016, 06:11 AM
Brilliant write up! going to be buying these ASAP!

Crispy
08-18-2016, 08:35 PM
First trial was tonight on front bumper. The bumper cover is plastic and I always have heat issues with the CCS 1.5" thick pads. Typically 4" pads on Girot 3" polisher. This test was done on the small panels in front of the headlights (it is about 3" wide and 12" long). Used the grey cutting pad and 6 passes. Low heat, good pad rotation and lots of cut ( I used pretty good downward pressure, more than I ever could with the 1.5 " pads). I actually thought I could have burned through the clear if I kept at it (imagine that with a 3" Girot DA polisher). Next up white pad and polish. Same deal, far less heat and way better pad rotation. Definately the go to for me on the 3 " polisher. Next up is the 5.5" pads on the PC.

PS they clean up easy as well.

idriveblackcars
08-18-2016, 08:36 PM
These pads are awesome!!!

haris300
08-18-2016, 09:10 PM
Got mine in this week. Excellent cut on my GG6 with a 3 inch backing plate. The new Mini Hybrid Foam Pads are awesome too with the iBrid/PE8.

VISITOR
09-03-2016, 03:19 AM
kudos to lake country for coming out with these in this size (IMO megs drop the ball in making these when they came out with their 5" & 6" foam discs) in addition to being super thin (also available in 5.5"/6.5" sizes). if anyone is looking for new pads for their traditional pc-style DA, these are worth looking into...

Mike Phillips
09-06-2016, 10:58 AM
Brilliant write up! going to be buying these ASAP!

And you are a Signature Line Spammer.

Here's a screen shot of your first and last post with the link in your Signature line.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/medium/Signature_Link_Spammer.jpg

The link in your sig line has been removed and you have banned yourself.

:dunno:

Mike Phillips
09-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Used the grey cutting pad and 6 passes. Low heat, good pad rotation and lots of cut ( I used pretty good downward pressure, more than I ever could with the 1.5 " pads).

I actually thought I could have burned through the clear if I kept at it (imagine that with a 3" Girot DA polisher).

Definitely the go to for me on the 3 " polisher.

Thanks for the feedback on the new 3" ThinPro pads - especially the comment about using them with the Griot's 3" polishers

These pads are awesome!!!

:dblthumb2:

Got mine in this week. Excellent cut on my GG6 with a 3 inch backing plate. The new Mini Hybrid Foam Pads are awesome too with the iBrid/PE8.

That's a LOT of tool for a tiny pad but if you're happy that's what's most important.

:)

Zelfiris
09-06-2016, 11:25 AM
How dense is the ThinPro Gray Extreme Cutting Pad compared to Rupes Green/Blue foam pads?

I had some hard times around curves because of the rupes green and blue foam pads did not conform to curves. The foam was very dense and would only get full contact on flat areas

Mike Phillips
09-06-2016, 02:37 PM
How dense is the ThinPro Gray Extreme Cutting Pad compared to Rupes Green/Blue foam pads?

I'd say more dense. It's pretty stiff and sharp.

I had some hard times around curves because of the rupes green and blue foam pads did not conform to curves. The foam was very dense and would only get full contact on flat areas

It would be easier to get a thicker foam pad to conform or flex to fit a curved panel than a thin HARD foam pad.

What you want is even smaller pads. Like 1" and 2" so you need very little flexing or conforming.

Zelfiris
09-06-2016, 03:11 PM
I'd say more dense. It's pretty stiff and sharp.

It would be easier to get a thicker foam pad to conform or flex to fit a curved panel than a thin HARD foam pad.

What you want is even smaller pads. Like 1" and 2" so you need very little flexing or conforming.

Thanks Mike.

The smallest polisher I own is Rupes Mini. To use 1" or 2" pads, I guess next step would be Rupes Nano

WaxMaster1
09-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Mike, I have the 3.5" Thin Pros for my Rupes Mini. Should I stick to the thicker 3"x 1 1/4" LC Professional Foam Pads for my PE-8? Thanks

Mike Phillips
09-21-2016, 08:05 AM
New review from one of our forum members...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/105052-mini-quick-review-thinpro-pads-griots-3-a.html