PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better LSP - Duragloss 821 or Aquawax?

Darth Muffin
07-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Long day. I had a few errands to run and I was kind of tired. Got home and went biking with the wife.

At around 8:10 PM, decided to wash and wax the car before the sun set at 8:45.

Did 2 bucket wash, partially dried my SUV then busted out the chinchillas to put on some spray wax. "Hmmn, this is spraying more in a stream than usual." I adjusted the nozzle on the spray bottle but didn't make much of a difference...

"Why is this looking foamy when I wipe the car down? Did I wash the towels with too much detergent last time? Oh well, I'll just finish up before the sun disappears."

I left the roof for last because I had to go get a step stool to do it and it finally dawns on me, "Wait, this isn't Aquawax!!!"

For those who stuck with me this far, DG821 is All Wheel Cleaner.

Ha ha. I waxed my entire SUV with wheel cleaner.

Busted out the hose, rinsed it off and went round the entire thing again with the Aquawax. Needless to say, I finished in the dark. My wife even came looking for me cause she was wondering what was taking so long.

LEDetailing
07-13-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm wondering when I will screw up two similar bottles. It would be hard to do with my Meguiar's Synthetic Xpress spray wax (only black spray bottle).

Rsurfer
07-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Count your blessings it wasn't an acid wheel cleaner.

Eldorado2k
07-14-2016, 12:18 AM
I made a similar mistake once and began cleaning my windows with Hyper Dressing.😂
The dang blue bottle of Hyper Dressing can sort of look alot like the blue bottle of D120 glass cleaner on a cloudy day. Lol.

Don M
07-14-2016, 12:18 AM
My All Tire & Wheel Cleaner stays in it's original opaque purple bottle & my D115 is in a generic Wally-World 32 oz sprayer.

(As for your original Q. I have no idea since I've not used any Duragloss stuff ... yet).

Don M
07-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Count your blessings it wasn't an acid wheel cleaner.

^^^ What he said

dlc95
07-14-2016, 06:40 AM
After an extremely difficult detail, I was prepping the car for pick up, as the customer was on his way. I grabbed what I THOUGHT was Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection, but turned out to be M40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner.

I nearly lost my marbles....

FUNX650
07-14-2016, 06:50 AM
Count your blessings it wasn't
an acid wheel cleaner.

^^^ What he said
Does/Doesn't Oxalic Acid count?

Bob

rwright
07-14-2016, 06:55 AM
Well you definitely removed any residual grime that could have been missed during the wash process :laughing:

LittleKing24
07-14-2016, 09:27 PM
Had a similar incident happen to me. Grabbed what I thought was aqua wax to spray on my wheel. Started wiping off the wheel and noticed it smelled nothing like suntan lotion, I mean aqua wax. It was BlackFire aio trim and tire protectant... They're both blue in color and I just wasn't thinking. Guess I need to put my labels on top of my sprayers from now on!