PDA

View Full Version : How I Feel When Compound Finishes Like a Polish

Pages : [1] 2

osiapstndp
07-13-2016, 10:32 PM
Modern compounds sure are nice! :)

Griot's Garage Fast Correcting Cream and standard Correcting Cream are absolutely amazing. After using both for a month I don't know what I would do without them.

dlc95
07-13-2016, 11:37 PM
That's kind of how I feel about M100. That stuff finishes surprisingly well for the level of cut it gives me.

Eldorado2k
07-13-2016, 11:46 PM
I had a feeling you were talking about those 2 Boss Cremes when I read the title of this thread. I know that feel:)

idriveblackcars
07-14-2016, 04:51 AM
That's kind of how I feel about M100. That stuff finishes surprisingly well for the level of cut it gives me.

Forget M105, always been a fan of M100/M205 when using Meg's. Stuff finishes great for a cut.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-14-2016, 04:55 AM
The most advanced compound on the market.

1.Cuts amazing
2.Works like a wet finishing polish
3.Can work as long as you want it and still continues to cut.
4. No dusting
5.finishes awesome
6. Easy wipe off
7. Smells good
8. Little goes a long way

Second to none. I ordered 2 gallons of this sorcery liquid.

I can't imagine any compound getting more advanced than this, if so that is a scary thought.

FAST CORRECTING CREAM IS THE REAL DEAL.

dlc95
07-14-2016, 06:34 AM
Forget M105, always been a fan of M100/M205 when using Meg's. Stuff finishes great for a cut.

Absolutely.

That M100 surprised me the first time I used it. It's like Ultimate Compound on steroids, yet seems to finish better if that makes any sense. I refer to M100 as "the eraser"!

MarkD51
07-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Seems like we're talking mostly about Griots or Meguiars products here in this thread, but Wolfgang Uber Compound is another daisy of a product that works a little more aggressively than a finishing polish, yet finishes down beautifully, pretty much indistinguishable from Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover.

Desertnate
07-14-2016, 06:49 AM
I'll add Blackfire SRC Compound as well. It is probably more like a strong swirl remover than a true compound, but on hard VW paint with a white LC Flat Pad, it will easily finish out LSP ready

Justin at Final Inspection
07-14-2016, 06:53 AM
Totally agree with the fast correcting cream and all of the BOSS polishes being top notch!

One of my other favorite combos is FG400 and sf4000. Especially when using my rotary.

Mike Phillips
07-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Detailers have it so easy today...

15, 20 years ago you actually had to be good at this type of work because the abrasive technology was so horrible.

With modern compounds, which is another way of saying MODERN ABRASIVE TECHNOLOGY - heck anyone can get professional results their first time.

I would caution people that if you're using a sharp, aggressive foam cutting pad or any type of fiber pad with a compound even if the results look GREAT if you were to wash or chemically strip the paint you would likely see dull and hazy areas simply due to the pad and the aggressiveness of the "process".

You won't see the dull hazy paint on light colored cars but you will on black paint and common sense dictates that if it's happening to clearcoated black cars it's happening to clearcoated light colored cars you eyes just can't see it.

So it's a good idea to follow any heavy compounding step with at least one more polishing step to ensure there is no haze left in the paint.

Take my word for it I know that which I speak of...

:)

Mike Phillips
07-14-2016, 08:05 AM
For those of you reading this or replying to this thread that AGREE modern abrasive technology, err... I mean modern compounds work great because they finish down like a polish, check out how many people think it's their technique that is responsible for the stellar results.

POLL - What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/98943-poll-what-s-number-one-most-important-factor-when-comes-polishing-paint.html)

:laughing:

WeekendDIY
07-14-2016, 08:21 AM
For those of you reading this or replying to this thread that AGREE modern abrasive technology, err... I mean modern compounds work great because they finish down like a polish, check out how many people think it's their technique that is responsible for the stellar results.

POLL - What's the number one most important factor when it comes to polishing paint? (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-mike-phillips-your-detailing-questions/98943-poll-what-s-number-one-most-important-factor-when-comes-polishing-paint.html)

:laughing:

:poke: :p :) Never miss an opportunity do ya.

kevincwelch
07-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Another vote for FG400.

Sent via my mobile device...

BadgerRivFan
07-14-2016, 10:49 AM
The most advanced compound on the market.

1.Cuts amazing
2.Works like a wet finishing polish
3.Can work as long as you want it and still continues to cut.
4. No dusting
5.finishes awesome
6. Easy wipe off
7. Smells good
8. Little goes a long way

Second to none. I ordered 2 gallons of this sorcery liquid.

I can't imagine any compound getting more advanced than this, if so that is a scary thought.

FAST CORRECTING CREAM IS THE REAL DEAL.

Could not agree more with Joe's comments... Great stuff! Checks all of the boxes including price!

I would caution people that if you're using a sharp, aggressive foam cutting pad or any type of fiber pad with a compound even if the results look GREAT if you were to wash or chemically strip the paint you would likely see dull and hazy areas simply due to the pad and the aggressiveness of the "process".

You won't see the dull hazy paint on light colored cars but you will on black paint and common sense dictates that if it's happening to clearcoated black cars it's happening to clearcoated light colored cars you eyes just can't see it.

So it's a good idea to follow any heavy compounding step with at least one more polishing step to ensure there is no haze left in the paint.

Take my word for it I know that which I speak of...

True dat. In the case of Griot's Fast Correcting Cream, following up with Griot's Perfecting Cream takes a good thing and makes it even better!

Mike Phillips
07-14-2016, 10:57 AM
:poke: :p :) Never miss an opportunity do ya.

Just know what I know and know what I've seen...