PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless Wash

Cruzscarwash
07-12-2016, 05:16 PM
So I know, there are a ton of threads about this but they all seem to be spread out and dated. So I wanted to get a collective in one spot and see what everyone thinks.

Basically I’m thinking of moving to the rinse less route for my business. Looking for of course the best bang for the buck BUT am willing to spend a bit more if the product really does out shine the rest that much and is worth the extra few bucks. Know while D114 is on the list I’m already going to be using this as a pre-soak and just general all around cleaner. So here’s the list of what I would say are the most popular and commonly referred on the threads. Here are some questions to consider

-Which will make the most product overall product (Cost Effective)
-leaves great protection behind
-as streak free as can be
-EASY to wipe off

DURAGLOSS RINSELESS WASH WITH AQUA WAX 16 OZ $10.99
MCKEE’S 37 RINSE FREE WASH/WAX 16 OZ $12.99
ULTIMA WATERLESS WASH PLUS 16 OZ $20.99
WOLFGANG UBER RINSELESS WASH 16 OZ $19.99
BLACKFIRE WET DIAMOND RINSELESS WASH 16 OZ $16.99
PINNICALE LIQUID GLOSS RINSELESS 32 OZ 24.99
OPTIMUM NO RINSE WASH AND WAX 32 OZ 17.99
MEGUIAR’S D114 RINSE FREE EXPRESS 128 OZ 35.99
MEGUIAR’S D115 RINSE FREE EXPRESS WASH AND WAX 128 OZ $64.99

Setec Astronomy
07-12-2016, 05:23 PM
First of all, if you're using this for business, and your first requirement is cost effectiveness, then you have to be buying in gallons.

I haven't used everything on that list, but personally I'd go with the Wolfgang Uber or the ONRWW, the downside of the ONR products is the staining of the wash media (which I've found some APC sprayed on before machine washing the media will help that), which gives the nod to the Uber, they are about the same price point per gallon.

JeffM
07-12-2016, 05:30 PM
For someone in the biz 114 is nice as the dilution can be double and the strength doubles as well. The polymer type rinseless I dont think get stronger with more product. That said 114 will also spot easier if it dries on a panel, which makes it tough to do a whole car and dry at once when its warm out. Wolfgang's Uber is very nice and produces a nice result and @ waterless or QD strength leaves a nice slick surface behind. Similar to FK425 if you ask me.

I use ONR the most as it drops particulates to the bottom of the bucket, not sure if any other polymer types do this -as well. No one else certainly advertises it. I can also dry with opti seal and have probably the best look on my vehicles that ive found, although Uber is nice too, but im not sure if it is as safe as onr.

If I want to remove as much spray product as I can with a wash Ill reach for 114 and mix it 1 oz per gallon. If im bored of ONR ill use Uber, If I want to use opti seal after I wash onr, If I want to try a sio2 spray ill use 114.

I have some others as well but they are all pretty similar.

tpr1634
07-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I started doing ONR unless the vehicle is really dirty, using Optimum opti-seal as a drying agent works well.

FUNX650
07-12-2016, 09:33 PM
There are so many different methods to wash
vehicles (without using "a hose; and a bucket,
or two")...let's call them RWs/WWs; along with
"hybrid"-RWs/WWs, if you will.

IMO:
Meguiar's D114 will meet, or exceed your
cleaning expectations, regardless which
of those above methods are chosen.

Bob

dcjredline
07-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Another 114 vote here. Sadly you are not going to get "leaves great protection behind" from something like a RW/WW. Its just not in the cards. Unless you think 2-5 weeks is GREAT. The best one for your options as has been said in many posts before yours is going to be 114. Cost effective, multi-use, wipes off easy, cleans well.

I have used a few of the others and love them also, you wont make a BAD choice out of what you listed. The DG was my least fav if that matters

antti@561detailing
07-12-2016, 11:45 PM
My first vote goes to ONR and testing Wolfgang.
Onr has never failed me, amd using opti-seal as drying aid...great combo.

Dereksdtail
07-13-2016, 06:02 AM
Wolfgang uber, highly concentrated can be used in many different ways, dries easy and super slick