PDA

View Full Version : CarPro HydroFoam and 2 bucket washing

aquarian
07-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Can the CarPro HydroFoam be used with a 2 bucket wash system? I really don't want to grind all of the dirt and debris around the paint while I foam the car and start gliding the wash mitt right away. I was thinking of using Reset in a foam gun. Foam the whole car, and pressure washer/rinse off all of the loose dirt/debris. Then foam the whole car again, this time using HydroFoam. While the foam is still on the car, use a wash mitt and start the wash process. Dip the wash mitt into the 2nd clean water bucket to remove dirt/debris. This is where the confusion comes in. Is it even possible to use a 2 bucket wash method with the HydroFoam with a 1:9 ratio?

lane5515
07-12-2016, 11:26 AM
You say "foam the whole car,... and dip the wash mitt into the 2nd clean water bucket to remove dirt/debris" - What's in the first bucket?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
07-12-2016, 12:14 PM
I do something similar when I use the HydroFoam.

First I give the vehicle a high pressure rinse to remove loose dirt. Then I give the vehicle a pre foam soak with Sonax PreWash Ultra power. Then HP rinse to remove soap residue. Then HydroFoam goes in the foam cannon as well as the bucket of the 2BM and proceed to foam the vehicle. As soon as I complete foaming the vehicle with HydroFoam, I begin washing it with the foam already on the vehicle in conjunction with the HydroFoam from the wash bucket. Then another HP rinse. Afterwards I give it an application of Hydro2, HP rinse away and then blow dry with a leaf blower.

I know my wash process is very lengthy but it works out really well.

fly07sti
07-12-2016, 12:25 PM
I've used Hydrofoam in a bucket only before and it worked just fine. But seems a little better out of a foam cannon.

aquarian
07-12-2016, 04:13 PM
I do something similar when I use the HydroFoam.

First I give the vehicle a high pressure rinse to remove loose dirt. Then I give the vehicle a pre foam soak with Sonax PreWash Ultra power. Then HP rinse to remove soap residue. Then HydroFoam goes in the foam cannon as well as the bucket of the 2BM and proceed to foam the vehicle. As soon as I complete foaming the vehicle with HydroFoam, I begin washing it with the foam already on the vehicle in conjunction with the HydroFoam from the wash bucket. Then another HP rinse. Afterwards I give it an application of Hydro2, HP rinse away and then blow dry with a leaf blower.

I know my wash process is very lengthy but it works out really well.

Whats your dilution ratio for HydroFoam in the first bucket? I assume the first bucket is not even half way full otherwise it would be too much predicted being used, right?

aquarian
07-12-2016, 04:15 PM
You say "foam the whole car,... and dip the wash mitt into the 2nd clean water bucket to remove dirt/debris" - What's in the first bucket?

Not sure, is it supposed to be HydeoFoam in 1:9?

cleanfreak3
07-12-2016, 05:04 PM
After foaming the entire vehicle, doesn't the foam dry very quickly before even finishing the 2bm?

lane5515
07-12-2016, 09:43 PM
I would think using HydroFoam in a 2BM wash would be a waste of product. If you use a 3 gal bucket = 384 oz and at 1:9 that would be roughly 38 oz of HydroFoam and 345 oz water. That is one expensive wash and seal unless you keep the unused mix for future use.

I use HydroFoam in a Kwazar Venus pump sprayer at 1:9 and do a panel at a time.

Road Trip
08-03-2016, 09:27 PM
I "freelanced" my first use of CarPro Hydro Foam. Was totally impressed with its quick and excellent results. Started with a pretty clean car (no dirt), but a lot of dust and some bugs. Took out my McKee 37's FoamMaster gun, put into it a couple of ounces of Duragloss 902 car wash concentrate AND added in a couple more ounces of the CarPro Hydro Foam, filled it will warm water and shook it up. Made sure my MF wash mitt was soaked with that mix from the foam gun, before putting the mitt onto the car (though next time may use a small bucket with extra 902 diluted in it for that purpose.) Rinsed down the car with my "firehouse" nozzle to get most of the dust off, then foamed it all. Lucky it was about 70 degrees, and of course was in the shade. Then with the sudsy mitt, first did the top 1/3 of the car, then rinsed foamy stuff off completely, then foamed the middle 1/3, rinsed everything, then foamed the bottom third, again each time rinsing off the wash/Hydro Foam sudsy mix with plain water. Did the wheels last with a separate mitt, each with an additional blast from the foam gun, then one final, total-car-rinsing.

Then got out my 1.3 HP AirForce MiniBlaster. The water FLEW off the car like it never has before, and only needed (except for the wheels), about 1/2 of one large waffle weave MF to get 99% of the water off, getting the remaining 1% with just one thick MF.

Only difference between this and my past technique was the addition of a couple of ounces of CarPro HydroFoam into the foam gun. The car looks terrific! And instead of typically using two very large waffle weave towels and about 3 regular MF, this time only needed about half of one waffle weave and only one regular MF to get the car 100% dry.

Was so impressed, bought the new McKee 37's improved version of its 6.5 HP air blaster and a larger size of the HydroFoam. Now joking that with the much more powerful air blaster, might just need one 16"X16" MF towel to get the last few drops of water off -- or maybe even cut my waffle weave towel in "thirds" (LOL).