PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for new Tesla model S

superm1
07-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Hi,

I just picked up a new Tesla model S in Deep Blue metallic. I'm in Bay Area/Fremont if anyone has local recommendations. I've done some detailing in the past but will likely go for a pro to do the exterior.

For the exterior I am looking for a paint coating that #1 makes the car a bit darker with a deep gloss, #2 makes it ridiculously easy to clean and maintain back to the freshly detailed look. I've explored Cquartz Finest and Opti-Coat Pro+ but they are very expensive here in the Bay coming in at around $1600+. My car is a lease so I don't really care much for any longevity or warranty beyond 2-3 years. The car is garaged and I am comfortable with doing any touch up detailing as long as it doesn't require much equipment.

I've also looked into Kamikze ISM/Miyabi, Ceramic Pro, Gtechniq, Gyeon, and OptiCoat Gloss. I understand that I will probably do some paint correction before. Would a primer be needed or recommended with any of these?

What would be best for my paint and needs?

Lastly, I also plan to do some interior protection of the black leather, black alcantara, and any vinyl/plastic inside. What is recommended for these? I will probably do this myself since I can't imagine it would be that difficult so long as instructions and any waiting period are followed. Can anyone recommend a brand/line that is good for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-11-2016, 07:11 PM
I would look at someone who can do a one step polish and Pinnacle Black Label Paint Coating. It's a consumer grade coating meaning it's available on the open market and you don't have to be "certified" by the manufacturer to install it. It still requires a little bit of "expertise" to install, and I would charge $550 for that service here in New York (I would imagine our markets are pretty similar). The coating is rated for 3 years and I had it on my last car and I got well beyond 3 years of protection from it.

For the interior, since you are planning on doing it yourself, I think your best bet is to just keep it cleaned up regularly, nothing special is really required. I usually use a rinse less car wash solution to clean leather / pleather seats, dash and door panels. The solution leaves some form of protection from the elements behind and interiors are one of those things where a little bit of work done frequently can prevent the need for a lot of work being needed down the line.

Welcome to the forum 8-)

refreshauto
07-11-2016, 08:21 PM
What is your budget. I know a great company and they are a CQ Finest Installers. I also recommend you do a clear bra install for the full front as Tesla paints are really soft.

superm1
07-11-2016, 08:22 PM
< $1k.

refreshauto
07-11-2016, 08:24 PM
OCDetailing give them a shout and talk with them. I wouldn't recommend anyone else in your area

ronkh57
07-11-2016, 08:31 PM
OCDetailing give them a shout and talk with them. I wouldn't recommend anyone else in your area

I told him that over at sister site

mwoolfso
07-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Wolfgang Uber is an option