PDA

View Full Version : Road Paint

Lowbrau
07-11-2016, 03:18 PM
So my cousin stopped by and apparently couldn't stay off the freshly painted yellow lines. Any suggestions? Kind of new to this. 50302

parttimer
07-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Easy off oven cleaner and plastic razor blade. Spray, let sit a minute or two try to pop it off. Wash and repeat. Wear gloves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2black1s
07-11-2016, 03:48 PM
I never used oven cleaner on any painted surface, or plastic as in your trim, and that sounds a little too risky for my tastes... But I don't know, it may work. If you do go that route be sure to do a small test spot before spraying it all over your car.

Personally, my product of choice for the first attempt at removal would be a terry towel saturated with mineral spirits.

Get to it as soon as you can. The longer it's on there the harder it will be to get off.

GS2011
07-11-2016, 03:57 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/tricks-tips-techniques/100771-yellow-road-paint-help.html

GSKR
07-11-2016, 04:26 PM
If you have access to a power washer blast it off with a white tip or wide spray no pin stream force.Then clean up the residual with lacquer thinner on paint only,don't get it on the trim.residual on trim use apc for a start.On the trim and paint get up close with the pw.

parttimer
07-11-2016, 04:54 PM
I wish you the best of luck, there are a ton of suggestions out there. I tried mineral spirits, nano skin medium grade towel, pressure washer, petroleum jelly and compounding. Easy off was the only thing that worked for me. I've heard goof off or go gone works as well.

Lowbrau
07-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all the advice. He didn't have a lot of time for me to work on it. What I did was rinse, foam canon, scrub with microfiber mitt. Then I soaped the area and used my fingernail for the largest pieces. I didn't have any plastic razor blades so I used a credit card, which worked pretty well on the painted area, not so much the plastic. I used clay then rinsed it. Not bad for the limited time. 50309

Fast Eddie
07-11-2016, 09:38 PM
I wish you the best of luck, there are a ton of suggestions out there. I tried mineral spirits, nano skin medium grade towel, pressure washer, petroleum jelly and compounding. Easy off was the only thing that worked for me. I've heard goof off or go gone works as well.

Road paint can be a complete pain in the butt to remove as you have found out, those that "try" and recommend a one size that fits all solution are just plain wrong. You found a solution that worked so good for you.

shadwell
07-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Solution is to keep driving over it until you get a nice uniform yellow coverage... then wash, decomtaminate, clay, IPA,correct, polish and apply your LSP of choice to make that Yellow POP!!!