PDA

View Full Version : Car Interior needs a cleaning

matt7367
07-11-2016, 12:21 AM
New Here!

So I recently got my parents old car. 2008 Pontiac G6 GT. And the dang thing has never been cleaned since '08. It's got black seats like this:

http://images.hgmsites.net/med/2006-pontiac-g6-2-door-coupe-gt-front-seats_100276805_m.jpg

And they need cleaning. And so does the carpet on the floor. It's dark gray like in the bottom left hand corner.
Now my biggest thing is how to get it cleaned. I prefer to do it myself cause it's nice to see results from work you put in yourself. I have bottles of Folex and a stiff brush. But would like opinions on what would of be helpful to clean up the dirt and grime. Would a shop vac suffice? Or maybe like a bissell little green machine that sucks up water?

Thanks!

MoBenzOwner
07-11-2016, 08:31 AM
In lieu of a hot water extractor, I have found hot water,brush, and a powerful shop vac to perform better than the Bissell LGM. However the LGM will certainly make a large improvement. Good luck, and good for you in doing it yourself.

goldenlight
07-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Work one section of the car at a time so you don't burn your self out.. HOt water, some brushes, shop vac from bigbox improvement store and cleaners All purpose cleaner or Folex. Clean leave out in the sun to Dry.