PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain like i'm 5 the difference between carpro Reload VS Hydro2

Pages : [1] 2

samsumon
07-10-2016, 11:36 PM
From my understanding both do the same job, seal the car. The only difference is, one (reload ) is a wipe on wipe off sealant VS Hydro that is spray on Spray off.

Yes?

Thanks

Marc08EX
07-10-2016, 11:47 PM
Reload will last longer than hydro2.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-11-2016, 12:15 AM
What Marc said, however don't treat reload like just a spray wax. It can leave really tough streaks that sometimes you have to actually polish to get out.

Work 1 panel at a time use lighting and buff off any streaks.

The first time I used reload I treated it like a spray wax, that stuff will bead and sheet as aggressive as a consumer coating.

So respect it when you apply it , it is really awesome stuff.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Optimum Car Wax and call it a day. I will never use reload again. I love Hydro2 on wheels and paint.

Nor Cal ZL1
07-11-2016, 06:17 AM
I have no issues with reload, maybe it is the old formula that gave streaking issues. I have used it mostly as a drying aid on top of coatings, as well as a stand alone product sealant. I think you should try a smaller bottle, or I can send you a small sample to try to see how you get along with it.

As stated it is more durabe than Hydro. I also remember from your posts at C5 that this will be going over Cquartz

Check this video for tips.
https://youtu.be/yaBYjUbhT2A

samsumon
07-11-2016, 10:18 AM
Yea it's going to go over, but I wanted to understand the fundamental difference as well. Better educated... I think I'm going to stick with Hydro because of the easy of application. If the only difference is the lasting of the coat, I have no problem spraying Hydro on more often, given how easy it is.

So just to clear it out: SAME product, just one lasts longer.

mwoolfso
07-11-2016, 10:35 AM
The closest analogy I can think of right now is like dish detergents. People choose one over the other based on personal preference when you get right down to it.

Hydro2 and Reload are more or less competing products, in a realm where there are hundreds if not thousands of products exist in the same market. They each are produced as supplements to (and with) other products in the Prima and CarPro product portfolio respectively.

Fundamentally, these types of products are based on building blocks called polymers. And while people market "polymers" as some form of new or enhanced technology, the formulas they use tend to be patented and secret. Unless you get a chemist's response with some detailed analysis, the performance in real-world applications tend to be enough for most people. Hence, this forum!!! :-)

samsumon
07-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Sounds good - I just wanted to make sure I was using a good product period. If both achieve the same result, just the application is different, Ill gladly go with the easier to apply one, and just do it often :)

Nor Cal ZL1
07-11-2016, 08:52 PM
You may want to reach out to car pro. Reload is the recommended product to use over Cquartz. I have no experience with Hydro, so have no input there. My bet it it will work just fine as they are both somewhat based the same. If it were me I would ask Car Pro unless someone else here has input.

ronkh57
07-11-2016, 09:04 PM
The closest analogy I can think of right now is like dish detergents. People choose one over the other based on personal preference when you get right down to it.

Hydro2 and Reload are more or less competing products, in a realm where there are hundreds if not thousands of products exist in the same market. They each are produced as supplements to (and with) other products in the Prima and CarPro product portfolio respectively.

Fundamentally, these types of products are based on building blocks called polymers. And while people market "polymers" as some form of new or enhanced technology, the formulas they use tend to be patented and secret. Unless you get a chemist's response with some detailed analysis, the performance in real-world applications tend to be enough for most people. Hence, this forum!!! :-)

Hydro2 is cp, Hydro is Prima

So they are not from different vendors. They have similar names

FUNX650
07-11-2016, 09:26 PM
This is how I explained questions,
Like you have posed;
To all my children when
They were 5 years old:

'Just you never mind the
difference between them...
THEY ARE NOT TOYS'!!!

Bob

Calendyr
07-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Difference between them: 6 months durability for Reload and 3 months durability for Hydro2. If it's your own car, just choose the one you like most. If it's for clients cars, I find 3 month a little short for a professional wax job. Unless of course the client is on a maintenance plan, then it's absolutely fine.

I did not calculate the price to use either. I know they are both expensive products but I am not sure how many cars you can do with the same quantity of both products. I would tend to think you would use a lot more of Hydro2 since you have to spray the whole car, where Reload can be sprayed on your microfiber cloth and wiped on the car using far less product. Of course you have to dilute Hydro2 helping a little bit with the cost. Overall I am fairly certain Hydro2 is far more expensive to use when you also consider the fact you have to apply it twice as often.

MattPersman
07-12-2016, 05:39 AM
What about if you spray hydro2 on the dry surface and wipe off like reload? Are we thinking longer durability since it is not dilute spraying on a wet car and then being rinsed off? I know it can be used that way as well, just wondering how different the results would be.

frankprozzoly
07-12-2016, 07:02 AM
What about if you spray hydro2 on the dry surface and wipe off like reload? Are we thinking longer durability since it is not dilute spraying on a wet car and then being rinsed off? I know it can be used that way as well, just wondering how different the results would be.

I haven't heard of it being used this way. I could be wrong. Hydro lite can be used this way i think

mwoolfso
07-12-2016, 07:04 AM
Hydro2 is cp, Hydro is Prima

So they are not from different vendors. They have similar names

Oops.... sorry!!!