PDA

View Full Version : Product mixing mad scientists, step inside

Pages : [1] 2

dontsleeponit
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok so I read all the time about different concoctions everyone is brewing up, and its interesting to me.

Tell me about products you like to mix and why, feel free to post pics of results as well.

Some of the "blends" ive heard of that I was interested in:
106FF with OP - Suppose to cut down on dust
XMT 360 and meg's #26 - Toto has used this and his results looked excellent

I know people add QD to things like soap and maybe other stuff

Ive always wanted to try mixing P21S paintwork cleansing lotion with a polish, what do you guys think about that?

so whatever you mix... QD, wax, sealant, polish, cleaners, interior stuff, soap, peanut butter, diesel fuel, toe jam http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/sneaky.gif ... lets hear about it!

trhland
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Toe Jam?:EW:d

scottgt
10-23-2007, 01:27 PM
im trying xmt 360 and xmt glaze today..just for kicks lol

blk45
10-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Some people recommend mixing some RMG or VMG with 106.

dontsleeponit
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Some people recommend mixing some RMG or VMG with 106.

yea I forgot ive read that as well, this is also what got me thinking P21S PCW.

dontsleeponit
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
im trying xmt 360 and xmt glaze today..just for kicks lol

thats cool scott, definitely let us know how that works out. I dont think alot of people like XMT glaze too much by itself, maybe you can re-invent the stuff to use with 360, ya never know

FMINUS
10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Ok so I read all the time about different concoctions everyone is brewing up, and its interesting to me.

Tell me about products you like to mix and why, feel free to post pics of results as well.

Ive always wanted to try mixing P21S paintwork cleansing lotion with a polish, what do you guys think about that?

so whatever you mix... QD, wax, sealant, polish, cleaners, interior stuff, soap, peanut butter, diesel fuel, toe jam http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/images/smilies/sneaky.gif ... lets hear about it!

You have to remember that a lot has to do with process as opposed to the product. Toto can mix peanut butter and orange juice and it would look good!

dontsleeponit
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Toto can mix peanut butter and orange juice and it would look good!

:whs:

Yea I agree man, you gotta know how to use what you got. I think its cool to see what everyone has come up with too though

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
You have to remember that a lot has to do with process as opposed to the product. Toto can mix peanut butter and orange juice and it would look good!

Holy crap, I just spewed soda!!

Please send me your address so I can forward you the dry cleaning bill

scottgt
10-23-2007, 03:39 PM
i mixed up some good products...ill post up with pics when i get home

supercharged
10-24-2007, 12:51 AM

PO106FF/ClearKote RMG 70/30. Cuts down on dusts, extends Working time of the polish, jewels the finish.

Jimmie
10-24-2007, 01:24 AM
During the hot part of the summer added a capful of ONR to all wash buckets to cut down on water spotting.
Use to use Poli-Seal/OP 75%/25% (Justins formula). Little more correction from an AIO.
Mix shampoos all of the time. Have also mixed in degreasers, anti-mildew, Dawn, shampoo w/wax.

Mr Dream Machines
10-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Great topic, this is right up my alley

My mixes so far

Trim Dream - machine burnish & sealant kit for urethane and other exterior door moldings
Burnishes the top layer so fine that the true gloss comes right up from underneath
It works great as a first step on wiper arms as well.

Lasts for two years

Shampoo favourite
Driven to perfection protective wash & Duragloss FC&S 50/50
The most awesome shampoo with sealant I know of. Really enhances the finish

Quick shot - Driven Quick Spray concentrate & Aussie gold showroom glaze
Towel spray & wipe, hand w/ foam pad or machine application to enhance the finish beyond what polishes can do for a watery paint finish

Extends working time of polishes by about a quarter. 45 seconds more and stops dusting most of the time. Good pad lube as it is basically a spray on paint glaze.

Scratch Banish
1500 grit medium polish/ darkens the shade of the paint finish and removes defects
Use with any pad you want. Finishes down flawless

Swirl Abolish
2000 grit light polish for swirl removal. use after banish on really nackered paint

Zero DFX
Non abrasive finishing polish & glaze with fillers that don't wash out.
Work by hand for five minutes using high speed no pressure then low speed on same area until the paint looks like a pool of water.

Top with a wax or any sealant you want. Makes the paint super slick
Works on glass and metals too.

Water Vanish - super slick QD and hydrophobic drying aid spray

I and the owner of an aussie manufacturer who makes the worlds slickest QD should be working together (he formulates from my wants and requirements and I test) to make an even better drying aid and a sealant that gives the look of carnauba.

Trim Dream's really the pinnacle of what I've mixed so far.
It does what seemed impossible to detailers since the day urethane trims replaced metal ones.

Bigfoot
10-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Scottwax from the big "A" uses 50/50 RMG/VMG and works beautifly for his cars.

ricka
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
I mix clay, 521, 105, Black Diamond Tire Gel, AW, IG and Souveran in a bucket.

Throw it all on the car. Blow dry during a quick drive.

Saves a lot of steps...