PDA

View Full Version : Jumping in and Goodbye "Powerball"

klix58
07-10-2016, 07:04 PM
My first post after hours of reading. I have decided to take a positive step towards "real" detailing by ditching the drill and Powerball. There is so much information on this forum which is both good and yet confusing. I have decided to begin with the following items. Input is welcome and I'll be going after a 16' whit Jetta GLI.
- Griot's Garage 6" DA
- Griot's 5" Vented backing plate (still up in the air regarding pads as there are multiple variables)
- Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (left over)
- Meguiars Detailing Clay C2000 with Meguiars D155
- Menzerna 2400
- Menzerna 3500
- Menzerna Power Lock
Trim and tires I have had good luck with Stoner Tire Shine and Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing. Glass, I've used Meguiars but have had better luck with Mothers ReVision. Microfiber. Cobra Gold Plush Jr. and Guzzler. The only question remaining is "how valuable of a step is using "Iron X"?
Thanks to all.

scuff
07-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Welcome aboard!

White paint shows iron contamination worse than any other color. If you're going to the trouble of decontaminating the car, why not do the best job you can? Also, new synthetic decon products like Speedy Surface Prep Towel (http://www.autogeek.net/speedy-surface-prep-towel1.html) and Nanoskin Car Care Products (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-car-care-products.html) are worth a look. They may cost a bit more than clay up front, but they last much longer.

Joe@NextLevelDetail
07-10-2016, 07:28 PM
My first post after hours of reading. I have decided to take a positive step towards "real" detailing by ditching the drill and Powerball. There is so much information on this forum which is both good and yet confusing. I have decided to begin with the following items. Input is welcome and I'll be going after a 16' whit Jetta GLI.
- Griot's Garage 6" DA
- Griot's 5" Vented backing plate (still up in the air regarding pads as there are multiple variables)
- Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo (left over)
- Meguiars Detailing Clay C2000 with Meguiars D155
- Menzerna 2400
- Menzerna 3500
- Menzerna Power Lock
Trim and tires I have had good luck with Stoner Tire Shine and Meguiars D170 Hyper Dressing. Glass, I've used Meguiars but have had better luck with Mothers ReVision. Microfiber. Cobra Gold Plush Jr. and Guzzler. The only question remaining is "how valuable of a step is using "Iron X"?
Thanks to all.

Excellent choice of machine and backplate that's exactly what I would pick!

Go with the boss pads, there bullet proof they cut and finish amazing and play so nice with that backplate and the griots 6 inch.

That vented backplate is similar to the plate you will find on the boss long throw machines.

The vented plate is that version of it for pc style machines.

The boss pads will make your griots 6 inch very effective and more efficient and defect removal.

I would also give the boss creams a chance as they are also amazing.

https://youtu.be/u_bu5uQ-6zc

There is a video review I did with Finishing Sealant the gg6 and a boss white fast correcting pad.

klix58
07-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks for this input as I haven't read up on it. As well, you mention iron contamination on white? what improvement then will I see by using Iron X?

klix58
07-10-2016, 07:48 PM
Thanks Joe, your videos have been watched and helped as well.

FUNX650
07-10-2016, 08:04 PM
For a second there...
I thought you were talking about
being a recent Lottery winner!

Bob

klix58
07-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Nope, then I'd be looking at a Flex or Rupes and maybe CQuartz................

ski2
07-10-2016, 11:06 PM
You can pick up a Nanoskin sponge for about $13.00 and reap all the benefits of the Nanoskin products without the cost of the mit--works great and is all you need if just doing your own cars. Comes in medium and fine grade.

Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-speedy-prep-sponge-fine-grade.html)

LEDetailing
07-11-2016, 02:33 AM
For a second there...
I thought you were talking about
being a recent Lottery winner!

Bob

My initial thought as well:)