PDA

View Full Version : Heavily Soiled Interior Detail Advice!

Pages : [1] 2

StealthXJ
07-10-2016, 09:37 AM
I did not take pictures, but I just confirmed a detail job of a Mazda 3 with the worst soiled interior that I have ever seen. I have a Tornador, Folex, 303 Spot clean and brushes. It is a light tan interior, and I did explain that I will not be able to remove everything. With that said, what would be the best, time saving approach with what I have? Thank you.

asap2stacks
07-10-2016, 10:33 AM
I would invest in a carpet extractor or a commercial steam cleaner. Check out AG store for some of the best tools in the market! Honestly it's the only way to really clean the interior of a really messy vehicle, if you don't have the right equipment you might not want to take the job because if a customer is paying $250.00 - $350.00 to have a good interior detail of a messy vehicle then he wants it to be right which means removing all stains, deep cleaning the leather removing oils and Stains,removing stains from headliner,removing stains from plastic panels, removing all dirty and oils from steering wheel and so much more. Bottom line in order to really detail a completely trashed vehicles interior you need the tools I have pointed out, yes there expensive but there worth there weight in gold when it comes to jobs like you have just inquired about ask any true Detailer.

Good luck!

~Asap

Eldorado2k
07-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Be careful, word is Mazda 3's are notorious for being the biggest PITA to clean due to the materials used in the interior.

precisionmobile85
07-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Be careful, word is Mazda 3's are notorious for being the biggest PITA to clean due to the materials used in the interior.

I know the carpets are the worst from expierience. The cloth material on the seats are tricky too...you got your work cut out for you with the tan. Good luck!! Post some pics when your done

Maestro Sam
07-10-2016, 11:11 AM
Mazda carpets are the worst. Vacuum the interior thoroughly using a brush and then use the tornador on the carpets if you do not have an extractor. Next time, try using meguires apc+ or super degreaser on heavily soiled carpets doing a spot test first to remove stains and marks.

StealthXJ
07-10-2016, 11:48 AM
I have worked on a Mazda 3 hatchback once and that carpet was impossible to get all of the particles out of! I am going to do my absolute best with what I have. The guy understands that it is not going to be perfect. He is just trying to avoid trading it in. It's his daughters vehicle. I also have some Zep Citrus that I might try out. I will definitely be doing test spots!

Maestro Sam
07-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Best way to clean soiled Mazda carpet is to get some rock salt, pour it all over the carpets, rub it around for couple of minutes, then vacuum it. Don't know how OCD you are but for debris stuck within the carpet, I usually use a tweezers or a toothpick to wedge it out of the cheap fabric. Go beyond their expectations and win more customers.

dcjredline
07-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Id say that you probably could do over an 80% job with the tools you have. That Tornador should help you kick some butt even on the carpets. I personally dont have one so I wear my arms/shoulders out scrubbing stains. That thing should blast them. HOT water and a scrub brush and some white terry cloth towels would be my tools. Cant wait to see your pictures.

StealthXJ
07-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Here is some of what I'm dealing with. Already vacuumed the crap out of the upholstery, the pictures are before, to get as much dirt out as possible. Folex seems to be doing the best job, so I am going to stick with that. I used the tornador some, after spraying and scrubbing, but I'm not sure that I'll keep using it. My Grandpa has a Karatcher, or whatever it's called, hot water extractor, but he only has the large carpet attachment. I will still give it a shot.

asap2stacks
07-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Oh yea your defiantly going to need a steamer or extractor for this job bud. What are you charging for this detail?

Whitewater25
07-10-2016, 04:16 PM
I might suggest he replace the floor mats,should be cheap enough rather than try & clean them. They look pretty bad.

StealthXJ
07-10-2016, 04:20 PM
You'd be surprised how clean I have already gotten it! Oh, and the floor mats, not including the small rear one pictured, came out really nicely!! I'll see what I can do with the hot water extractor that my grandpa has. I wonder if I can buy an upholstery tool somewhere in town.

dcjredline
07-10-2016, 05:37 PM
That is not IMO Heavy soil. It is more dirty than a regular cleaning but take a look at these. I would say these are about a 7-8 out of 10 as far as dirty

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3062/medium/CivicSoiled1.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3062/medium/CivicSoiled11.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3062/medium/CivicSoiled3.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3062/medium/CivicSoiled2.jpg

Thats what I was expecting you to be dealing with. This customer didnt want to pay to have the stains done and truthfully I wasnt interested and gave them a pretty high estimate

StealthXJ
07-19-2016, 02:14 PM
https://m.facebook.com/primeautodetailing/

Instead of posting a ton of pictures again, please go take a look at my Facebook page where I posted everything. It came out darn well! Sorry it took me so long to post this.

rmagnus
07-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Awesome job. Way better than I expected. I have used the Tornador and it's pretty good. I like the fact you can clean stubborn spots w/o drenching the material. Still in a perfect world hard to beat an extractor and steamer. Amazing work considering the neglected car.