PDA

View Full Version : 40+ Hours Interior Detail work

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maestro Sam
07-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to share with this blog with you guys in case you guys are bored :xyxthumbs:
Worked on this 2003 Honda Odyssey that was detailed by other detailers without any avail. Some red stains were permanent maybe due to staining or improper chemical used by other detailers. The work took over 40+ hours just the interior and did 20 passes of extraction, 2 passes of vapor steam, and one pass of ironing. The owner was so happy with the results and promised me 15% of the total value of the car when he sells it? That's whats up!

Here is the blog if any of you guys are interested!

Link: Maestro Auto Detailing | Auto Detailing in Montgomery County, PA (http://www.maestrodetailers.com/#!honda-odyssey/nenrm)

oboroballa03
07-09-2016, 08:32 PM
Thats an awesome job .....mini vans are very time consuming but makes you feel good when you get results like that keep up the good work

MartinQ
07-09-2016, 08:44 PM
That's Amazing dude!
Great work!!

Marty

ViperGuy21
07-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Wow! Incredible turnaround!

WeekendDIY
07-09-2016, 09:13 PM
OMG, that thing was disgusting. Cant believe the shape some people let there vehicles get into.

Outstanding job man. Hopefully that 15% comes thru.

TTQ B4U
07-09-2016, 09:18 PM
OMG, that thing was disgusting. Cant believe the shape some people let there vehicles get into.

^^ this. I'm seriously like W-T-F did they do to that interior!! OMG, I wouldn't ever even get in that vehicle in the shape it was in brought to you.

Kudos for your efforts.

KS_Detailing
07-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Amazing job man, this is when a steamer and extractor are crucial. I sometimes wonder how a car ever gets to this state, how did that happen?

cyclops
07-09-2016, 09:30 PM
Holy cow what a transformation! How can people actually climb in the before van with a smile on their face? :(

obihave12
07-09-2016, 10:16 PM
Outstanding job sir!

LSNAutoDetailing
07-09-2016, 11:09 PM
That is outstanding!!! Amazing work! 20 Passes of extraction; MY GOODNESS!!!! I commend you - Detailer of the Year Award!
I don't even want to know what the extractor by-product water looked like! OMG!

scuff
07-10-2016, 12:06 AM
Nicely done. When was the last time that was supposedly detailed by others? It would've been cleaner if someone took a rake and shovel to it.

I'm not surprised to see a roached out vehicle, but I am surprised that anyone would pay for 40 hours of professional detailing on the interior of one. In my experience, if the interior looks that bad, the exterior is a battered mess, and the mechanical condition of the vehicle mandates a AAA membership. I hope the 15% is in addition to the payment you already received.

Maestro Sam
07-10-2016, 12:18 AM
That's Amazing dude!
Great work!!

MartinQ thank you so much man, appreciate it!

Marty

Thats an awesome job .....mini vans are very time consuming but makes you feel good when you get results like that keep up the good work

Yea man I love doing dirty cars. Makes me feel like a boss after completing these task! Thanks!

Wow! Incredible turnaround!

Thanks man, more to come!

Yea man, I used 45+ gallons of distilled water to remove these stains. The carpets were thick so I did so many passes. The owner said he has 5 kids so I guess overtime the dirt built up ;l

Heartsoulauto
07-10-2016, 12:19 AM
The before and after is amazing. What was the customer's reaction?

Maestro Sam
07-10-2016, 12:25 AM
^^ this. I'm seriously like W-T-F did they do to that interior!! OMG, I wouldn't ever even get in that vehicle in the shape it was in brought to you.
Kudos for your efforts.

Sometimes, I wonder why I am doing these types of Jobs for the price. The client begged me to detail his car because other detailers did not want to do it. However, I am not doing it for the client, I am doing it because I want to save the car =D.

Amazing job man, this is when a steamer and extractor are crucial. I sometimes wonder how a car ever gets to this state, how did that happen?

Owner has several kids and I guess the detailers did not do a good job previously with the carpets. I've worked at several shops around here to learn my competition and they do not use extractors. They simply spray apc, get a rag and rub it, dip the dirty rag in dirty water, rub the carpets, and repeat.

Holy cow what a transformation! How can people actually climb in the before van with a smile on their face? :(

When I first saw the car, I was like ahh sheeet!

Outstanding job sir!

Thanks boss, more to come.

That is outstanding!!! Amazing work! 20 Passes of extraction; MY GOODNESS!!!! I commend you - Detailer of the Year Award!

Thanks Paul for the kind words, I did 20 passes using 45+ gallons of distill water from the supermarket ;(. The byproduct was muddy like tar substance with tons of dirt. Smelled like rotting egg!

Maestro Sam
07-10-2016, 12:30 AM

Kudos for your efforts.

Outstanding job sir!

Nicely done. When was the last time that was supposedly detailed by others? It would've been cleaner if someone took a rake and shovel to it.

I'm not surprised to see a roached out vehicle, but I am surprised that anyone would pay for 40 hours of professional detailing on the interior of one. In my experience, if the interior looks that bad, the exterior is a battered mess, and the mechanical condition of the vehicle mandates a AAA membership. I hope the 15% is in addition to the payment you already received.

Thanks man,
The exterior of the car suprisingly was not in bad condition except for dings here and their. The wheels were little bit rusted up but that was it! I did not I get payed by the hour and quoted him a set price since he was a senior and very nice. Soon, once I open up my car wash buisness with detailing booths, I will charge premium for my work. Also, after he sells his car he said he will give me 15% but who knows!

The before and after is amazing. What was the customer's reaction?

He had high expectations from the start due to my yelp/google reviews, along with word of mouth. The client took his car to other detailers that could not get the stains out or must of wicked due to improper cleaning of carpets/fabrics. The client was so pleased that he told me he will give me a percentage from the total amount of money he makes from selling this car!