PDA

View Full Version : Question for custmsprty about HD- and others ofcourse

emmjay
07-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Hello custmsprty,

As an avid user and advocate for the HD line of polishes, I have a few questions if I may.

I was ecstatic this evening when I found a little garage in Dubai (of all places) that carries the full HD line of products :buffing: It is expensive - but I learned my lesson shipping liquids from AG all the way the last time...my forwarder ships by weight.

HD Adapt costs 180 AED or $49 US

I am very interested in trying the Adapt that you used a while back on that neglected paint.

I have a brand new bottle of Speed that I got from AG, but I would also like a polish that does a little more work, without protection ofcourse.

I have the flex 3401 with all the hybrid pads (orange, white, black and red). What would you suggest with the Adapt, or if you suggest another polish. I like the idea of adapt because the name says it all...it adapts.

Also, are the HD polishes SMAT or DAT - I only have experience with M205 and UP, so SMAT with no clue how to use a DAT product. In addition which megs polish/compound would Adapt be comparable too.

Adapt has my eye due to its working time as well - I do live in Dubai after all.

This is the weather at 10:53 pm lol :)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/emmjaygti-albums-randoms-picture50215-1.jpg

Thank you!

custmsprty
07-09-2016, 02:20 PM
What I love about "ADAPT" is that you can dial in the correction level based upon the pad you choose to use. You can get more correction with a more aggressive pad or better finish with a polishing pad. Or my favorite combination, you can use an orange pad and get excellent correction and excellent finish in one step.

For your more technical questions I'm going to refer you to the product description:

3D HD Adapt 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-adapt-32.html)

emmjay
07-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Thank you :)

emmjay
07-09-2016, 03:36 PM
After a little more digging I found a post by David Fermani that says its a non-diminishing product - so along the lines of SMAT which should be nice :D

2pennies
07-09-2016, 04:47 PM
What I love about "ADAPT" is that you can dial in the correction level based upon the pad you choose to use. You can get more correction with a more aggressive pad or better finish with a polishing pad. Or my favorite combination, you can use an orange pad and get excellent correction and excellent finish in one step.

For your more technical questions I'm going to refer you to the product description:

3D HD Adapt 32 oz. (http://www.autogeek.net/3d-hd-adapt-32.html)

So not to hi-jack the post but here is a question. I own a black car that has never had the paint corrected. I've spent the better part of the last 2 months trying to find the right pad/polish combination to get the heavy swirling out. I typically always start with an orange pad using M105 and then following with speed. I am getting results, just not what I want and it takes forever. What pad would you step up to after the orange pad?

custmsprty
07-09-2016, 04:56 PM
So not to hi-jack the post but here is a question. I own a black car that has never had the paint corrected. I've spent the better part of the last 2 months trying to find the right pad/polish combination to get the heavy swirling out. I typically always start with an orange pad using M105 and then following with speed. I am getting results, just not what I want and it takes forever. What pad would you step up to after the orange pad?

Here's a Show & Shine I did on Adapt.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/98953-2014-nissan-370-z-griots-g21-hd-adapt-7-hd-poxy.html

What you may find interesting is the beginning of the post where I detail the different test spots/combinations I tried before settling on Adapt. Also keep in mind, this was the first time I ever used Adapt and the results well, the pictures say it all. It is so easy to use. I would have stepped up to a yellow pad if the orange didn't do the trick.

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-09-2016, 05:19 PM

If you start a post with "not to hi-jack the post" then you are in fact hijacking the post. You would get a much better response if you started your own thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

custmsprty
07-09-2016, 05:39 PM
If you start a post with "not to hi-jack the post" then you are in fact hijacking the post. You would get a much better response if you started your own thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally I don't mind a bit, so no worries. It's such a small thing considering we're just talking about detailing cars. :cheers:

ski2
07-09-2016, 07:21 PM
emmjaygti--As you discovered all HD polishes are SMAT so you don't have to work them for a specific amount of time--when they've done the job you want you can stop.

Keep in mind with all HD Polishes "less is more." Don't prime the pad, don't spray the pad with pad conditioner or QD--for your first section start off with 5-6 pea sized drops near the outside edge of the pad, then add 3-4 pea sized drops to the outer edge for each additional section. "Clean your pad on the fly" often and once the pad gets saturated or obviously clogged with used product and removed clear switch to a fresh pad.

Also, store HD Polishes in a "room temperature" enviroment--I learned the hard way they are affected by prolonged heat.

Tico
07-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Also, store HD Polishes in a "room temperature" enviroment--I learned the hard way they are affected by prolonged heat.

Uh oh - I need to bring my HD products into the house. Been in an extremely hot garage for the past month. Thanks for the tip.

rlmccarty2000
07-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Good to know about the heat thing. I keep all my polishes in my garage. I better pull out the HD stuff. Any other polishes affected by heat?

custmsprty
07-09-2016, 10:08 PM
Heat is not good for long time storage, if it can be avoided it's advisable.

emmjay
07-10-2016, 05:04 AM
emmjaygti--As you discovered all HD polishes are SMAT so you don't have to work them for a specific amount of time--when they've done the job you want you can stop.

Keep in mind with all HD Polishes "less is more." Don't prime the pad, don't spray the pad with pad conditioner or QD--for your first section start off with 5-6 pea sized drops near the outside edge of the pad, then add 3-4 pea sized drops to the outer edge for each additional section. "Clean your pad on the fly" often and once the pad gets saturated or obviously clogged with used product and removed clear switch to a fresh pad.

Thank you! :D

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Personally I don't mind a bit, so no worries. It's such a small thing considering we're just talking about detailing cars. :cheers:

The point was, you get a better response in your own thread where more people are likely to see it, rather than embedded in someone else's existing post.