PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Appointment BlowOff

Pages : [1] 2

asap2stacks
07-09-2016, 05:52 AM
Alright so I had a client set up to get her couple fully detailed on the 9th at 9:00am she made her appointment two weeks ago from today. After calling her twice yesterday and leaving a voice mail still nothing. If she blows off her appointment am I allowed to send her a invoice for not showing up to the appointment like sending her a $30.00 no show no call invoice?

irvsmith
07-09-2016, 06:22 AM
You could. If I wanted her to be a client (good fleet of cars, high possibility of a referral to a dealership, I would gently follow up later with a "we had scheduled an appointment on Monday did you need to reschedule (even though it is a past date)?" You could even tack on the cancellation charge to a future invoice as a separate line item to recoup some costs.

Or if you don't care about the future of the relationship then yes try and get her for a cancellation charge.

That is just my $.02 from my consulting days.

mwoolfso
07-09-2016, 06:26 AM
If a cancellation charge was never at the time she agreed to the appointment, then you have no legal standing to request a cancellation charge. That doesn't make it illegal for you to try though.

You didn't mention calling her to confirm the appointment was still a GO 1-2 days prior; hope you did that but on the odd chance you didn't then you should add this to your arsenal. In this day and age, 2 weeks is a lifetime with people's hectic schedules.

idriveblackcars
07-09-2016, 06:51 AM
op to be honest, she will never pay the charge and you will lose her forever along with any residual business. I would just get over it.

custmsprty
07-09-2016, 07:48 AM
If she doesn't show up move on. You don't need unreliable customers who don't value your time. If she blows you off once, she'll blow you off again and time is money.

kevincwelch
07-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Maybe she's in the hospital. Who knows?

I would follow up with a call next week to see why she didn't show up and try to work out a solution for her if she simply has a cost/time crunch. If she had a real legitimate reason, she'll reschedule.

Cancelation or no show fees rarely get paid (even in medicine) and serve only to anger. I'm not sure there's any good evidence that it deters people from not showing.

Perhaps a way around this is to take a credit card deposit at the time of scheduling.

Sent via my mobile device...

precisionmobile85
07-09-2016, 08:20 AM
I had that happen to me a few weeks ago and it sucks but I just had to accept it and get over it. It was the first time it happend to me but prob won't be the last. It's a business and that stuff happens. If you don't have a no show fee documented from the start I wouldn't pursue one. Word of mouth is big in the detailing world. You don't want to have your name tarnished when you didn't even do any work to a car. Just my opinion

detailsbydennis
07-09-2016, 08:36 AM
It happens. Follow up with a call, email, text. Tell them you need a confirmation to keep the appointment. Maybe prepay the appointment with an incentive. A small Discount or an additional service like an windshield treatment.

GSKR
07-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Detailing is more of a impulse decision.2 weeks out is a long time,you should of followed up with her prior.2 weeks out I never let that happen or count on it.The only clients who will wait and you can count on are the one that appreciate your time and work.I never let a new client wait more than 2 days to do a detailing job a lot of Sunday's are just part of working in this industry.Dont let it bother you.

Mike@ShineStruck
07-09-2016, 11:10 AM
It sucks doesn't it?

I had 2 people stop by and BS with me and gave them my number (guess I should of taken theirs) while I was in the middle of a Polish job..
Never heard from them..
Some people are just time wasters
Perhaps they price shopped
Others may actually had some other restraint due to cash or schedule

Just do a follow about and let it run its course.
Perhaps they'll reschedule...if they don't, no loss to you

WAXOFF
07-09-2016, 12:37 PM
I hear you. I don't know how you could charge her unless it was stated on you card or discussed previously. What I try and do is always have a backup car that maybe someones second car that they don't drive a lot and may not need that day or weekend and try and get it to me to fill in for the missed appointment. It never hurts to have plan B.

Coach Steve
07-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Give her the benefit of the doubt. As someone above suggested, maybe she was in the hospital or maybe some other emergency came up and she wasn't able to contact you or forgot. Whatever the case, assume it was beyond her control and attempt to reschedule.
You have no legal grounds for charging a no show fee as there was no contract, verbally or otherwise binding her to her appointment.
If you do persue this with anger and an attempt to recoup monies for whatever reason, you can count on her never having her vehicle serviced with you - ever! And, she will do everything in her power to tell everyone she knows and comes in contact with not to use your services.
It's a lost-lose situation.
Being nice and biting the bullet will most likely help you retain the customer but if the reason she didn't make the appointment was something like I mentioned above and she see how understanding you are and still are willing to do her vehicle, she'll be your best customer with regard to referrals.

Sometimes we have to take the high road whether we want to or not. It's just good business practice.

asap2stacks
07-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Our team has decided to start making customers put down a deposit before making an appointment. We had a long talk about it after today's issues and it seems to be the smartest thing to do and locks the customer in. Thanks everyone for there input!

GSKR
07-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Our team has decided to start making customers put down a deposit before making an appointment. We had a long talk about it after today's issues and it seems to be the smartest thing to do and locks the customer in. Thanks everyone for there input!I politely disagree,what happens if you get a deposit and something happens to you.asking for money upfront is kind of shady in there eyes.just absorb the promblem with retail.It happens everywhere doctors hairdressers mechanics and so on.It stinks and agree with you but again its retail.

asap2stacks
07-09-2016, 08:27 PM
I politely disagree,what happens if you get a deposit and something happens to you.asking for money upfront is kind of shady in there eyes.just absorb the promblem with retail.It happens everywhere doctors hairdressers mechanics and so on.It stinks and agree with you but again its retail.

Our detailing company has 4 other Detailers not including me, the job will always get done no matter what. We are a decent size company out Maryland, biggest in our county.