PDA

View Full Version : Best/Favorite pads for Rupes 15 mk 2

kjn
07-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Will be picking up a 15 mk 2 in the near future and wondering what pads are everyone using. I ask because I've been reading some people having problems with the rupes pads falling apart.

lane5515
07-08-2016, 11:03 PM
GG Boss MF pads, LC Thin Pros and CarPro Gloss pads.

The Guz
07-09-2016, 01:01 AM
Certain polishes and compounds don't play well with the Rupes pads. Dylan has posted this up on a few threads.

dlc95
07-09-2016, 03:24 AM
Their Yellow polishing pad is a pretty tough customer. I use their Blue microfiber to cut most of the time.

Like the rest of using the Rupes system, there is a bit of a learning curve. I leave it open to chance that I might destroy a pad or two when learning how to use them. So far do good that I haven't destroyed any of their foam pads

I destroyed a couple of those blue mf pads by being too aggressive with a pad conditioning brush. I got them loaded with product (M105), and used too much pressure on speed 6. The result was severely matted down fibers, which I dug at with the brush - while the pad was spinning at speed 1..

I have a set of Lake Country HD Orbitals. I've only ever tried the blue. I love the feel they had, but I haven't yet used them in a serious situation, during a full detail yet.

kjn
07-09-2016, 03:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies, seems like LC thin pros are popular and Boss microfiber are as well.

idriveblackcars
07-09-2016, 04:07 AM
After a bit of practice I love using the Rupes pads and polish now. I wasn't a fan of their microfiber pad so I use megs for those.

Zubair
07-09-2016, 05:38 AM
Sticking with the Rupes pads only you could pretty much get away with any correction job using the Blue MF and Yellow foam(best all round pad known to man).

I have successfully used all Rupes pads(naturally),LC HD Orbitals, LC Thin Pro's,Megs Thin Cut Discs,BnS Uro-Tec,BnS Low-Pro,Scholls Spiders and Boss(my favourite long throw pads) on both my 15ES and 21 MKII(my new baby).

kjn
07-09-2016, 06:09 AM
The only thing about rupes pads is that I don't want to have to worry about what polish/compound I can or can't use with them. I also probably won't be using rupes polishes much either.

ski2
07-09-2016, 06:28 AM
Sticking with the Rupes pads only you could pretty much get away with any correction job using the Blue MF and Yellow foam(best all round pad known to man).

I have successfully used all Rupes pads(naturally),LC HD Orbitals, LC Thin Pro's,Megs Thin Cut Discs,BnS Uro-Tec,BnS Low-Pro,Scholls Spiders and Boss(my favourite long throw pads) on both my 15ES and 21 MKII(my new baby).

How were the BnS Uro-Tecs compared to the Boss pads??

Zubair
07-09-2016, 06:40 AM
How were the BnS Uro-Tecs compared to the Boss pads??

The Uro-Tec's are smoother running, the Boss has more cut. The Uro-Tec pads are almost identical to the Rupes pads colour for colour with the exception of the maroon. They are certainly of a better quality to the Rupes foams too, more durable.

ski2
07-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks Zubair!

mc2hill
07-12-2016, 05:30 PM
I have had good luck one-stepping with Scholl blue spider pads, and Scholl S3 or Menz 2500 (old version).