PDA

View Full Version : Weather & Coating related question

LSNAutoDetailing
07-08-2016, 08:28 AM
We have a job scheduled for tomorrow, new-car prep w/ CQUK.
Temps couldn't be better (in the 60's & 70's, but high humidity) and have an opportunity to do it at the customers large 3 garage complex.

The minus, we're not working in our normal location and I'll have to pack gear (I'm not a mobile detailer).

My only concern is weather. New England weather has been changing by the minute.
I know CQUK states to roll the car into the sun for a few hours to cure, but Monday & Tue looks like it's going to be sunny and 80's, no clouds.

My plan is to start early at custy's house:
-roll car out, wheels (which are new)
- Iron-x
-Wash
-Dry

Pull car back into garage
- Clay
- Polish
- Erasure
- CQUK / DLUX on trim / Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating on Glass & Rims

No interior

Let car sit and inform customer to pull car out on Monday for direct sunlight. Does this sound like a plan???

David Hayward
07-08-2016, 09:07 AM
The curing outside is not 100% needed on the coating to get a super durable great result. I've done a lot of cars in winter before I had curing lamps and they never had any issues sitting in my garage for a couple days.

They recommend curing within 4 hours of applying cquartz to make it cure up a little bit harder.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-10-2016, 07:43 AM
Thanks, the lower temps and high humidity helped flash the coating and came off pretty easy. Car came out great

CarolinasFinestDetailing
07-10-2016, 08:58 AM
The sun does help, but as stated, not 100% necessary. I have always topped CQUK with Reload to protect during curing process as a "just in case."