PDA

View Full Version : Griots Glass sealant problems

Ducktoller
07-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Last weekend I cleaned my brand new F150 less than 700 miles windshield with Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner, Then Clayed it and then machine polished it with Wolfgang perfect vision glass polish and meguirs glass polishing pads. it was super smooth. Then cleaned it one more time with invisible glass. I then coated it with Griots Garage glass sealant. It was super clear and super smooth. I also cleaned the wiper blades with a waffle weave micro fiber and some invisible glass. The windshield was clean and super smooth. Well today it started raining again and now the wipers skip. They didn't skip before the sealant. So figuring I did something wrong along the way. Anyone ever have this happen ?

Real Riders
07-07-2016, 09:39 PM
This is a common problem. The sealant made my wipers skip and make a screeching noise

Ducktoller
07-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Is there a remedy or a better sealant that doesn't do this?

Real Riders
07-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Is there a remedy or a better sealant that doesn't do this?

That is a good question that I am not able to answer.

The Guz
07-08-2016, 12:43 AM
You could try polishing it off with Wolfgang's polish to remove the sealant. Perhaps not all of the excess glass sealant was removed.

Ducktoller
07-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Ok if I polish it all off then I am back where I started with a bare windshield. I guess I could then try a different sealant or maybe a coating.

DetailTrail
07-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Ok if I polish it all off then I am back where I started with a bare windshield. I guess I could then try a different sealant or maybe a coating.
I used the Pinnacle twins and for sealant it worked well, really liked the glass cleaner. Good stuff.

sent from me

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-08-2016, 07:22 PM
I usually have this problem when my windshield is too clean.

Rsurfer
07-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Last weekend I cleaned my brand new F150 less than 700 miles windshield with Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner, Then Clayed it and then machine polished it with Wolfgang perfect vision glass polish and meguirs glass polishing pads. it was super smooth. Then cleaned it one more time with invisible glass. I then coated it with Griots Garage glass sealant. It was super clear and super smooth. I also cleaned the wiper blades with a waffle weave micro fiber and some invisible glass. The windshield was clean and super smooth. Well today it started raining again and now the wipers skip. They didn't skip before the sealant. So figuring I did something wrong along the way. Anyone ever have this happen ?
The coating should be cured..try some new blades.

TRDTACO
07-08-2016, 07:58 PM
I just bought a new truck allso and at about 500 miles i cleaned and prepped the windshield then used aquapell and couldn't be happier. Today was the first time it rained and it worked like a champ, no skipping or chattering of the blades which i cant stand. On my old truck i used rain x which didnt last very long . I allso tried megs synthetic express spray wax on there and my wipers skipped and chattered for a month.last year i applied aquapell to a family members car and easily got 1 year plus of durability!

AZpolisher15
07-08-2016, 09:49 PM
I've also had great luck with aquapel. No chatter and I'm using Bosch Icon blades.

Ducktoller
07-08-2016, 11:02 PM
So maybe Aquapel will be my next purchase. Dont really want to replace the blades since they only have 700 miles on them but if this doesn't work I guess I will give it a shot. Thank you to all for the suggestions.