PDA

View Full Version : Some random product questions.....

YankeeFan
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
1. What is the next step up on the Menzerna line from 106FF? Just looking for slightly more correction abilities. This would be for a Honda, so it's a soft clear.

2. Has anyone used the industrial Simple Green? Not sure which is the correct one to get.....Aircraft or Heavy Duty.

3. What is a good AG product that matches Flitz polish abilities for a tailpipe? The pipe is just some crapping OEM, doesn't have a chrome finish.

4. Not sure what the diffeernce is between Super Plush MF Towel vs. the Indigo? Seems they are both used for wax/QD removal. Have you found any real advantage of one over the other?

5. Has anyone found the Green 3M 233+ tape in local stores or is it just available on-line?

6. Sorry - forgot this question. I use 303 for my dash, doors and anything plastic/rubber on the exterior. What is the next good quality UV product to buy that has slightly more shine to it as 303 has such a matte finish.

Thanks,
Howard

makdaddy626
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
1.) I think SIP is next up the list in products made for hard clearcoats - check the chart on the Menz page of the AG store.
2.) A long time ago, I use Amazing Roll off now and can't think of why I would want to go back.
3.) I used Mothers metal polish on the factory tailpipe of my wifes Jeep, no chrome, mostly rusted looking. It shined up very nicely but that was probably due more to the "Applicator" I used (decreasingly abrasive pieces of emory cloth, followed by steel wool)
4. The Super plush have a much higher nap and seem to work well with QD and spray on waxes, the indigos have a lot more "bite" for taking off paste waxes and polishes.

Jimmie
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
1. Menzerna SIP

2. No, "Automotive SG is the stongest that I've used but it got risky after some showed damage to wheels so I changed.

3. Wenol or Rolite

4. Super Plush has a lot of nap that I feel grabs sometime during wax removal but is perfect for final buffing. Indigo is soft with a smoother texture that seems to pick up wax during removal. Both are excellent and you won't be sorry getting both IMO.

5. Yes, look in the paint section of a large auto parts store.

YankeeFan
10-22-2007, 03:59 PM
huh.....SIP is next step above 106ff......I was always under the impression SIP had substantially more correction ability than 106FF, in fact that 106 would be needed after SIP to remove hazing. I thought there would be something in-between the two products. Oh well.......Thanks!

makdaddy626
10-22-2007, 04:06 PM
huh.....SIP is next step above 106ff......I was always under the impression SIP had substantially more correction ability than 106FF, in fact that 106 would be needed after SIP to remove hazing. I thought there would be something in-between the two products. Oh well.......Thanks!

Think in terms of other lines, there are usually 3 or 4 steps total, (PB SSR 1, 2, 2.5, and 3 or XMT 1 - 4), and it's the same with Menz... they have PO85RD (with hardly any cut) then step up to nano, then to SIP, then to PowerGloss, 4 steps, covering everything from almost no cut to a heavy cutting compound.

budman3
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd steer clear of simple green. It can stain trim pieces and wheels. There are other APCs available that are much safer to use. Many people say that SG is safe but it is still possible to cause damage and taking that risk isn't worth it.

The edgeless indigo towels are great for removing difficult products ... like Menzerna if you don't work it in long enough.

ScottB
10-22-2007, 05:24 PM
1. Menzerna SIP

2. No, "Automotive SG is the stongest that I've used but it got risky after some showed damage to wheels so I changed.

3. Wenol or Rolite

4. Super Plush has a lot of nap that I feel grabs sometime during wax removal but is perfect for final buffing. Indigo is soft with a smoother texture that seems to pick up wax during removal. Both are excellent and you won't be sorry getting both IMO.

:iagree::iagree:

supercharged
10-22-2007, 05:46 PM
1. Menzerna SIP

3. Wenol or Rolite

:whs::goodpost:

StephenK
10-22-2007, 06:42 PM

SIP would be the next step up. the grit rating on the hard clear coat polishes will actually cut deeper when used on non hard clear coats.

SIP 2000grit(scratch resistant clears) 1500grit(non scratch resistant clear)
106 2500grit(scratch resistant clears)2000grit(non scratch resistant clears)

it also depends on what pad and machine you are using. Intensive Polish is rated at 2000grit. i used rotary and black wool (edge 2k) and removed 1000grit

YankeeFan
10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Thanks guys for the clarification of the Buffing towel vs. the Indigo. The Indigos just sat on a shelf collecting dust......got them free but never knew their exact use.....thanks again!

Howard

makdaddy626
10-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I love the indigos for removing polish residue and waxes! Collecting dust??? Send them to me!