PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal as drying aid

Pages : [1] 2

wn1998
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
So after searching last week for a good wipe on walk away sealant to use on SUV roofs and such, I went with opti-seal. During my search I saw that some have used it as a drying aid so I tried it today on a customers car after a hand wash. I spray per door panel and then wipe with a microfiber and it turned out amazing! The 2010 mini van looked like it just had a fresh coat of sealant on it. It was super slick and just looked great!

Anyone else using Opti-seal as a drying aid? It looked just as good as my usual Aqua-wax but I feel this will last a lot longer.

glfnaz
07-04-2016, 08:49 PM
How wet was the car? Had you done any drying at all, or was this when you went around for a final wipe to knock out the remaining dampness and water spots.

spazzz
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
On the few cars I have coated with Gloss coat, Opti-seal is all I use as a drying aid.
It amps the looks of Gloss coat and makes it even slicker.
I absolutely love the stuff.

Price wise it is a lot more but for the few cars I maintain it is worth it.

For sealant or waxed cars I would still use D156.

dcjredline
07-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Ive been using it much more lately. I LOVE it as a drying aid. My method is sheet water, blow out crevices, then opti-seal as I dry. Wonderful

Here is the latest victim...

Washed with CG Honeydew and then dried with Opti-seal. Thats it.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3062/medium/GMC5.jpg

JeffM
07-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Yup it is a winner as a drying aid.

My wife says when I dry with opti seal her ride looks the best out of all the different sprays I have. It may be hard to tell really, but opti seal leave no weird water spotting behind at all. It really closes the gap between the last few % that we chase that gets further apart the further from a fresh polish we are.

spazzz
07-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Jeff and Don, do you use it on cars with sealant or wax?

tpr1634
07-04-2016, 11:48 PM
I do onr waterless washes, and I use opti as a drying/sealant works well for me.

wn1998
07-05-2016, 06:30 AM
How wet was the car? Had you done any drying at all, or was this when you went around for a final wipe to knock out the remaining dampness and water spots.

I washed and used my leaf blower to get most of the water off.

yg1829
07-05-2016, 06:33 AM
I use it on my sierra all the time now. It's awesome!! It really just makes the water disappear.

I rinseless wash with onr then follow up with opti seal to dry. One spray per panel. I usually wash half the truck and the go back and dry.

Opti seal is actually my main protection on the truck too. Started with two layers and now opti seal and dry.

Makes life much less stressful.
I'm finding that with all Optimum products!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

addysdaddy
07-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Not sure I understand the logic here. Why use opti or BFCS (or similar) as the drying aide when you're taking a product that is ultra simple to apply and diluting its protection? IMO, dry the car - use some type of detail spray as your drying aide and THEN apply the opti seal which will take no more than 10 minutes to do the whole vehicle and get 3 mos worth of protection? These WOWA spray sealants are amazing and I use them regularly just don't see them as a drying aide. Guess that's why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors.

wn1998
07-05-2016, 07:14 AM
addysdaddy, the point I was making is why dry the car and then apply when you can "save a step". Just 1 spray per panel and dry as you normally would and the results are just as good!

I found it to save me 5-10 minutes per car which is money in the bank!

addysdaddy
07-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Understood but wn1998 - aren't u diluting the OptiSeal and therefore diminishing it's effectiveness by applying it to wet surface?

JeffM
07-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Jeff and Don, do you use it on cars with sealant or wax?

I use it for my personal vehicles, I dont do this as a biz. But yes, I have coatings on my vehicles, plus a half dozen different spray this or thats on them.

Opti seal keeps the paint as clean as a sio2 spray as well I think.

dcjredline
07-05-2016, 10:49 AM
The logic is for when you already have an LSP and want to add something to it while helping yourself dry the car. Its not to fully protect the car as you are thinking of. Its in addition.

glfnaz
07-05-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm going to give this a try. I've got plenty of Opti Seal and BFCS. When you get the 8 oz bottle the stuff does a lot of cars. It's really not very expensive if you are doing 1-2 sprays per panel.