PDA

View Full Version : Washing suede MF's

FreshRides
07-04-2016, 07:13 AM
What's the best way to wash my suede microfibers that I use for applying ceramic coatings?

I am hoping that they aren't spent after you use them!

Thanks in advance :)

frankprozzoly
07-04-2016, 07:58 AM
If the coating hardened i don't think theres anything you can do. I throw mine away but maybe they can be washed i don't know

frankprozzoly
07-04-2016, 07:59 AM
The only thing I can think of softening the coating is maybe paint thinner

FreshRides
07-04-2016, 08:35 AM
If the coating hardened i don't think theres anything you can do. I throw mine away but maybe they can be washed i don't know

Okay makes sense. I guess it's not a big deal, they're fairly cheap in comparison to the charge for the service. I appreciate the info though.

WillSports3
07-04-2016, 10:12 AM
Right after you use them but before they've hardened, dump them in a bucket of apc. It's what's worked for some of the detailers who do the pro grade coatings.

FreshRides
07-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Right after you use them but before they've hardened, dump them in a bucket of apc. It's what's worked for some of the detailers who do the pro grade coatings.

Awesome! Thanks!

emmjay
07-04-2016, 10:52 AM

I've heard this method from many members - However, if possible could you let us know what ratio of APC to water?

TIA :)

WillSports3
07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
I'd pick a strong dilution one, for example 4 or 5 parts water to 1 part apc. And when I say right after you use em, i mean right after the towels been used fully or almost fully. Essentially one of the suede mf towels should do half a quarter or so of the car so toss them in right after and let it soak. After the hours mark, just toss the thing. It's gonna cut off your paint. It's a great idea if you do the coating to get a bunch of those as well as a good wax removal mf towel too. Toss the wax removal towel into the apc mixture too to save it right after you use it.

LSNAutoDetailing
07-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Or you can use LC Snappy Clean.
Let them soak, then wash (in washer) with Micro-Restore, then air dry.

Rsurfer
07-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Is it worth the risk??