PDA

View Full Version : New Window Tinting website critique??

rlc1044
07-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone just started our window tinting to go along with our established mobile detail service. We will provide mobile tinting services as well as residential installs. Was wondering if you guys would take a look and say what you think?

http://www.rlcwindowtinting.biz/

oh and like us on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/rlcwindowtinting

thanks in advance!

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Looks pretty good, user friendly. Any way you could add a before and after section?

MarkyH
07-04-2016, 08:11 AM
It looks good, a couple more photos would be great, that one you've got is quite dark, although it might just be my screen.

Calendyr
07-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Just one thing... why use a .biz URL? To me .com should be the default extension for any business.

On your mobile detailing page, the text has a very weird layout. Some lines only include a single word. I would re-do the layout of that and make sure it looks good at all resolutions. You probably used line breaks after every line of text. Let the website do it's own layout to avoid this problem.

Sonic Mustang
07-04-2016, 10:58 AM
You asked, and the following is meant as constructive criticism from somebody who spent 3 1/2 years building an on line business.

Your business name appears in black on a dark red banner. That's not exactly high contrast and it's not very easy to see or read. Same goes for the navigation buttons - they're fine when hovered but semi invisible otherwise. What is easy to see is a big ass picture of a red truck with a message to make an appointment. for what? (That photo and the message to call for an appointment doesn't format correctly on a Windows phone by the way).

The body text font is too small both on desktop monitors and smartphones. There's no reason to use grey text on white backgrounds. Use black. Can you read your own website on your own phone in portrait mode outside during the day? I can't read yours. Over 80% of consumers shop online for local goods and services and about 60% of those people use mobile devices. Mobile means tiny screens viewed in variable lighting conditions.

Older people have more money to spend on nicer cars and detailing services. They also have crappier eyesight than broke millenials.

Some of you text is not formatted correctly. On a desktop and on smartphones I see paragraphs comprised of individual centered lines, some with only one or two words in them. Like this:

I want to thank you for
considering RLC Mobile
Auto
Detail for your Auto Car wash needs. I am
proud to bring you this first
class auto
detail service to the Augusta, Georgia CSRA
area. I'm excited
about becoming your
mobile detailing service provider....

On top of the formatting, the language and messaging is... what??? In fact, you should trash everything I copied above and start that page with, "We are a fully self contained mobile auto detailing service......." The extra words aren't needed and when they're the wrong words, it's even worse.

Please use a better, more professional photo of yourself. It's great that you have a son, but I sure as hell hope he's not your helper because I don't want him anywhere near my car. This is business.

There's no call to action. You're selling benefits. WHAT ARE THEY? You really need some help with copy.

You're a veteran. i think that's terrific. Why to you identify as "serving my country in the United States Military?" Are you ashamed of your particular branch? Get rid of that generic veteran shield and use the correct emblem for your service.

Never use stock images like the female operator on your contact page. The vehicle images need help. Unless you're doing a close up of swirled paint or of work being done, cars should never be photographed in direct sunlight. I think your not supposed to put links in posts so let's try this. Curt Scott operates the largest online marketplace for replica Shelby Cobra, Shelby Daytonas and Ford GT 40s. The success of his business depends entirely on the crappy photo skills of car owners. That's why he put together a terrific online how to photograph cars. You can find it on his website by searching for Cobra Country.

That's a start. Personally, I would not have gone live with the website in its current state. You would have never made it home from the Middle East with the substandard effort and attention to detail I see here.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, take a look at a top detailer's website: Joe Fernandez owns Superior Shine . Search it. He identifies as a MARINE and he knows the plural of RV is RVs, not RV's. His copy and messaging is pretty good.

I just looked as your facebook page. The car's supposed to be tinted. that lead photo looks like you tinted your camera lens instead!