PDA

View Full Version : XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 - Does if fit with my Fit?

scuff
07-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Would Menzerna Intensive Polish be a logical next step in the polishing sequence after using XMT Heavy Duty Swirl Remover #4 (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-polishing-compound.html)?

I have a 2007 Honda Fit that may be in the early stages of clearcoat failure (variable cloudiness, and a lot of scratches to boot), so I think it meets the threshold for the free bottle of #4 I received. Menzerna Intensive Polish is the second most abrasive polish I have, but if that's likely to be too big of a step, what would be a good intermediary polish between XMT #4 and Menzerna IP? I'd use a Flex 3401 with LC polishing pads for application. Thanks for the advice.

mwoolfso
07-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I don't think you need an intermediary polish. Jumping to XMT #4 from IP-2000 would be OK. Technically #4 is stronger on the charts I have and my personal preference would be IP-2000

scuff
07-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention that I'd use a Flex 3401 with LC polishing pads for application.

I have some old Menzerna products that I want to use up before buying much else, but AG threw the #4 in for free, and I was hoping it'd make sense for the ragged Fit. It's not a pretty car, but I'd like to rehabilitate it as much as possible. If nothing else, it'll be easier to keep it clean. I see a full body coat of bedliner in its future. :)