PDA

View Full Version : Need help with cleaning vomit

koj11
07-03-2016, 03:57 PM
My son threw up in the backseat on perforated leather. I cleaned it up as best I could with water and rags, followed by a good cleaning with Blackfire interior cleaner. I can still smell the vomit, and it seems likely to have seeped through the perforations into the seat cushion below. Is there any way to clean this and remove the smell or am I going to have to replace the whole seat?

custmsprty
07-03-2016, 04:16 PM
You need an enzyme based cleaner, something for like carpets. And chances are you may never get it all out because of the perforated leather and it seeping into the base of the seat. The longer it's there the worse it will get and the harder to remove. If your some is young and this may happen again you may want to think about investing in some decent seat covers.

FUNX650
07-03-2016, 05:44 PM
-Pull the seat;
-remove the seat coverings
for a thorough cleaning;
-throw away...and then replace...
all underlying foam and other paddings.
-thoroughly clean all seat frames,
guides, etc.

Or:

Take the car to a professional carpet
cleaner that uses "Steam and Extraction".
A complete cleaning of this nature can
often be achieved through use of extreme
heat and extreme suction!

Bob

scuff
07-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Ever watched Deliverance?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8kuim-F0VIk/T-00Y9pT2UI/AAAAAAAAETg/iPB6YWAX7P4/s1600/deliverance.jpg

Much like the Hand of Guilt, it's been my experience that vomit and mold in that quantity can only be suppressed temporarily. The stench always comes back if the active component is still present.

I'd clean it up the best you can for now, get it into a pro like Bob suggested on Tuesday, and order a car seat cover. I'll say that I've been very happy with some neoprene covers that were made in Hawaii, and AG sells some, too. Car Seat Covers, hawaiian seat covers, two tone seat covers, hawaian seat cover (http://www.autogeek.net/seatcovers.html)

swanicyouth
07-03-2016, 07:07 PM
I'm an expert at cleaning vomit. But, my specialty is cat vomit.

You need use an extractor on the seat. I recommend Folex as your chemical.