PDA

View Full Version : First time using the RUPES 15 question

brunorio
07-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I tried using the RUPES 15 for the first time and was wondering while I was using the machine with a 6" pad the pad came flying off the machine, was it user error on my part. It did happen on a vertical panel. I put the same pad back on and the same thing happened. I switch to another pad of the same type and it was okay, was it my technique or is the pad defective? Thanks just wondering

Rsurfer
07-02-2016, 06:56 PM
I tried using the RUPES 15 for the first time and was wondering while I was using the machine with a 6" pad the pad came flying off the machine, was it user error on my part. It did happen on a vertical panel. I put the same pad back on and the same thing happened. I switch to another pad of the same type and it was okay, was it my technique or is the pad defective? Thanks just wondering

The loops on that pad may be shot.

Dylan@RUPES
07-02-2016, 07:54 PM
What kind of pad was it?

What speed are you working on mostly?

brunorio
07-03-2016, 03:56 AM
Lake country hd orange pad 6"

brunorio
07-03-2016, 03:57 AM
Sorry speed 5

swanicyouth
07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Lake country

I think I found the problem.

scuff
07-03-2016, 07:45 AM
I think I found the problem.

Does LC's hook & loop not play well with Rupes hook & loop?

custmsprty
07-03-2016, 09:03 AM
I've used LC Flat pads, Rupes pads, Buff and Shine Pad's and Griots new series of pads and a few others on all three of my Rupes polishers, Mini, Duetto and LHR15 and never thrown a pad off and I've run them all wide open on speed 6.

swanicyouth
07-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Does LC's hook & loop not play well with Rupes hook & loop?

Some have had issues. I've used them without problems for lighter work, but it's like the 80/20 rule:

80% of the people will be fine.

20% of the people will have some "issue".

An "issue" could be pads overheating, exploding, de-laminating, or flying across the room.

If it was me, I would just get the Rupes pads. If you drop 4 bills on the machine - why not just get the correct accessories?

I realize a person may already have a collection of pads they want to utilize, but I think the Rupes pads are "different".

For one, the foam seems more dense and seems to work better with the larger throw. I dunno if the "Velcro" is unique, but I can tell you it's perfectly matched to the Rupes BPs.

It seems that's why all pad companies (including LC) are now selling copy cat Rupes pads marketed towards large throw machines.

scuff
07-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Some have had issues. I've used them without problems for lighter work, but it's like the 80/20 rule:

80% of the people will be fine.

20% of the people will have some "issue".

An "issue" could be pads overheating, exploding, de-laminating, or flying across the room.

If it was me, I would just get the Rupes pads. If you drop 4 bills on the machine - why not just get the correct accessories?

I realize a person may already have a collection of pads they want to utilize, but I think the Rupes pads are "different".

For one, the foam seems more dense and seems to work better with the larger throw. I dunno if the "Velcro" is unique, but I can tell you it's perfectly matched to the Rupes BPs.

It seems that's why all pad companies (including LC) are now selling copy cat Rupes pads marketed towards large throw machines.
Good to know. I have no plans for a long throw DA, but if I start to get that itch, I'll start shopping for pads more likely to work correctly. Thanks!

idriveblackcars
07-03-2016, 11:27 AM
I've used LC Flat pads, Rupes pads, Buff and Shine Pad's and Griots new series of pads and a few others on all three of my Rupes polishers, Mini, Duetto and LHR15 and never thrown a pad off and I've run them all wide open on speed 6.

Same here, used all different pads on my 15 mk2 never had an issue. And on my test panels I really let the machine go.

Zubair
07-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Use LC HD Orbitals, host of other LC, BnS,Scholls,Rupes etc. on my 15 and never an issue on grip, if anything it grips too much and doesn't let go.

dlc95
07-04-2016, 09:42 AM
In the event there might be an issue with the backing plate, I would contact Dylan, or Todd.

balira
11-03-2017, 08:47 AM
This is happening with Rupes backing plate and pads. I have this same issue and have heard a few others on this forum have it as well. I have emailed Rupes and hoping that I can find the blue backing plate that I saw in a previous thread. This is frustrating since I have only used twice luckily I have a flex that does not have this problem.