PDA

View Full Version : One last steamer question.

Coopers ST
07-01-2016, 11:02 PM
I have one last question on steamers. I am looking at McCulloch steamers and think I want a MC1375, but have been thinking about the MC1385. It looks like the specs are close if not the same, so...is it worth the extra money over the MC1375?

Thanks

AbileneAutoWerx
07-02-2016, 12:12 AM
I have one and love it! Tons of attachments and a great little steamer for the money. Just remember to clear the line if it sits idle for 30secs or so cause it blows straight water at first for 1-2 secs and DON'T overfill it. Also make sure to use only distilled water in it. I also add 1/2 ounce of ONR for a little extra cleaning power. If you aren't steaming vehicles everyday and expecting mind blowing power then you'll love it.

FreshRides
07-02-2016, 03:39 AM
I have one and love it! Tons of attachments and a great little steamer for the money. Just remember to clear the line if it sits idle for 30secs or so cause it blows straight water at first for 1-2 secs and DON'T overfill it. Also make sure to use only distilled water in it. I also add 1/2 ounce of ONR for a little extra cleaning power. If you aren't steaming vehicles everyday and expecting mind blowing power then you'll love it.

What are you steaming that you add ONR?

NickZ28
07-02-2016, 05:39 AM
I purchased the 1385 about a month ago and love it. I would say go for it, it is worth the little extra $$$.

SANTA3013
07-02-2016, 06:45 AM

I've read where some add ONR in their steamer however I checked with the manufacturer and they informed me if I added ONR or used anything other than distilled water my warranty would be void. Just FYI

AbileneAutoWerx
07-02-2016, 05:41 PM
What are you steaming that you add ONR?

Everything I steam pretty much. Just adds a little extra cleaning power and smells nice too. Lol

FreshRides
07-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Everything I steam pretty much. Just adds a little extra cleaning power and smells nice too. Lol

Awesome. Never would have thought of that.

Coopers ST
07-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Thanks for all your insight and help

rlc1044
07-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Bought mine at harbor freight. Great tool for the money! use it for spot removal and to take tint off windows.

RLC Window Tinting - Window tinting in Augusta (http://www.rlcwindowtinting.biz/)

RLC Mobile Auto Detailing - Augusta GA car wash and detail, car detail and auto detailing ,mobile detailing (http://rlcmobileautodetail.weebly.com/)

Guyb
07-03-2016, 10:56 PM
I have the 1385 and really like it. My wife love using it around the house also. The difference is the amount of water held and the profile.