PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Black Suburban

matttathome
07-01-2016, 09:37 PM
This will be my first show n' shine and I hope the results speak for themselves. I'm no professional detailer, but have always taken care of my cars as well as my parents. I've learned a lot through this forum over the years and only recently had the opportunity to show some drastic results. The owners of this Suburban asked if I would help take care of their vehicles after several bad experiences with some local car washes. They had also recently picked up a black 2016 Range Rover and wanted to keep it looking its best. So far I have cleaned up all 4 of their Range Rovers and the Suburban, but only polished the 2010 white Range Rover and Suburban. More about the others later. The goal with this one was just black and shiny not perfection as it sits at the airport 60% of the time.
Process was...
-2 bucket Meguires wash
-Dried with guzzler/ Metro Air Blower
-wheels and tires fully cleaned with various wheel/tire cleaner & brushes
-Wheel wells scrubbed
-Meguires light/medium clay with QD used as lube

Correction
-PC With Orange LC pads and XMT light swirl remover
-PC With Red LC flat pads and XMT Caruba Glaze
-topped with Chemical Guys Topcoat Sealant

Sorry I'm not great at capturing the imperfections yet.
The below pic shows the difference with just the Orange Pad and swirl remover next to an unpolished door
Entire truck had signs of tunnel washes and hunting trips
Branch marks and old buffer trails before and after
Same hazy and scratched side after
This will be the next to be polished 2014 RR Sport Autobiography

Paul A.
07-02-2016, 06:46 AM
Looks like you gave them exactly what they wanted and then some, Matt. Nice work! What machine did you use?

matttathome
07-03-2016, 12:43 AM
Porter Cable 7424xp. Thanks!!