PDA

View Full Version : Compound/polish removal towels?

GrantLagasse
07-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Just wondering what some good MF towels are for removing compound polish and wax? I have 24 brand new gold plush jr. Towels. Are those okay for the job or should I invest in some different ones? Thanks

MartinQ
07-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Towels are like candy, you go through a lot of them.
I would absolutely get different color towels, if you use the same color its really easy to cross contaminate of polishes and compounds .

The towels you speak of are great for spray waxes polish removal but if you had some dedicated towel for compound I would go with the miracle towel or even the Carrand micofiber MAX. It has a mesh netting on the back that makes quick work of polish and compounds. You could always use IPA too to help.

Marty

TuxedoTaurus
07-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Those should work.

I am starting to use Griots PFM for polish removal. Heck, for almost everything now. Truly great towels.

cleanmycorolla
07-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I use gold plush jr's for removing almost everything, you should be fine and enjoy using them!

BudgetPlan1
07-01-2016, 05:42 PM
I've used these for buffing off everything from Megs M101 to collinite 915 to WG Uber Ceramic and many other polishes, compounds, waxes, QD's and sealants. Toss em in washing machine with free and clear detergent, air dry in dryer, good to go again.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-edgeless-microfiber-6pack.html

Dunno why but I prefer edge less towels/cloths.

Rsurfer
07-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Use the short nap side to remove compound/polish and use the long nap side for a finishing buff.

GrantLagasse
07-02-2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys! I don't feel so stupid anymore for buying 24 of them