PDA

View Full Version : Stars, Stripes & Storewide Savings! 15% Off No Exclusions + Free Shipping Over $150

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

precisionmobile85
07-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Oh, i don't know. Maybe because I wasn't notified of the sale by PM or email. It was plastered on Autogeek's homepage. Maybe because it is a low brow marketing technique that wasn't specifically targeted at me but rather at everyone who saw it on Autogeek's homepage. Did I write it ruined my day? No, I pointed out that a sales with deadline that isn't is a crappy way to do business.

As long as you cared enough to comment on my post, perhaps you could tell me if this is normal or do i have to jump on future deals before the clock ticks down to zero?

All I was stating is if u have a problem with AG or the customer service just contact them and their pretty good at getting back to you and try and come up with a solution. Also joining the forum and having your first couple posts attacking AG prob isn't the way to go about it. Wasn't trying to be a dork and start a thread war. Just letting you know just to contact them

BudgetPlan1
07-03-2016, 09:25 AM
FWIW, Wolfgang having 4th of July 15% Off w free shipping on orders over $50. Another PBMG entity like Autogeek so shouldn't be an issue posting it here.

Sonic Mustang
07-03-2016, 09:35 AM
FWIW, Wolfgang having 4th of July 15% Off w free shipping on orders over $50. Another PBMG entity like Autogeek so shouldn't be an issue posting it here.

It may not be a problem at Autogeek, but I'm pretty sure some forum member will have issues with your chosen channel of communication.

scuff
07-03-2016, 09:47 AM
https://thevillagegranny.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/issues.jpg

swanicyouth
07-03-2016, 10:07 AM
8,996 posts on Autogeek? Are you the hall monitor?

7 posts on AG - 6 of them complaining about a sale?

You tell me.

scuff
07-03-2016, 10:12 AM
It's no longer a secret. Yes, swanicyouth is the hall monitor.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Oxs2-3FyjVo/hqdefault.jpg

Let's all just enjoy the Austrian GP and the sale and call it good.

Nick McKees37
07-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Sale ends tonight fellas. Stock up for a summer of detailing. :)

Sonic Mustang
07-03-2016, 10:24 AM
7 posts on AG - 6 of them complaining about a sale?

You tell me. One post complaining about a sale and several explaining my post to people who have problems with reading comprehension and math.

Nick McKees37
07-03-2016, 10:27 AM
One post complaining about a sale and several explaining my post to people who have problems with reading comprehension and math.

Let's keep all of the above out of my sale thread, please. :)

If you have a question, concern or comment, please utilize the PM feature and shoot me a message. :xyxthumbs:

scuff
07-03-2016, 10:43 AM
Sale ends tonight fellas. Stock up for a summer of detailing. :)
Something BIG, indeed. Don't let us chowdahheads interrupt your holiday weekend, Nick. :)

BudgetPlan1
07-03-2016, 11:41 AM
It may not be a problem at Autogeek, but I'm pretty sure some forum member will have issues with your chosen channel of communication.

Well, then some forum member can lighten up and get over it; just trying to be helpful. Picked up an 8oz tub of mis-labeled Fuzion for $50 over there.

The Internet is a wonderful place, eh? Gotta take the good with the bad...

The only thing I don't like about Autogeek sales/promotions is that they always cost me money...just can't resist most times. If I don't like the terms and/or shipping times/costs, I just opt out of purchasing. It's really quite simple. As for ordering errors/issues, I'd guess a phone call would resolve it, always has for me even when *i* was the one who gooned up the order. But, everyone wants everything resolved NOW. Patience is your friend, especially on a holiday weekend. Really don't think anyone is trying to be misleading in the sales; some would still ##### if Autogeek GAVE stuff away...

scuff
07-03-2016, 11:47 AM
Man, the Austrian GP finish was exciting! Maybe Mercedes can order up some Flex 3401s for the boys to buff out their problems.

dcjredline
07-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Its all Marketling. The countdown timer did to the OP exactly what it was supposed to... make you spend your money with some kind of emotion attached. Thats what upset him so much. He felt tricked. When you purchase out of emotion you most times either buy things you dont need or spend more than you should have. You have to learn what marketing is trying to do to you and then you can internally combat it.

Sonic Mustang
07-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Its all Marketling. The countdown timer did to the OP exactly what it was supposed to... make you spend your money with some kind of emotion attached. Thats what upset him so much. He felt tricked. When you purchase out of emotion you most times either buy things you dont need or spend more than you should have. You have to learn what marketing is trying to do to you and then you can internally combat it.

I didn't feel tricked. I made it quite clear I was disappointed by Autogeek's deceit. Seriously, can't you read? I wrote that I was rushed for what turned out to be no reason. I didn't spend more than I intended nor did I buy stuff I don't need. As for learning about marketing to internally combat feeling cheated, I'll match my Marketing / Economics MBA with yours any day, Sigmund.

By the way, where did you develop your theory of a countdown timer making me spend money with emotional attachment? I guess you think parking meters engender emotial attachment to parking fees.

emmjay
07-03-2016, 12:26 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/members/emmjaygti-albums-randoms-picture49999-11111122.jpg