PDA

View Full Version : How to clean the Cobra drying towel?

JoeyGT
07-01-2016, 08:40 AM
Just as the title states, what is the best way to clean my green Cobra drying towel? I have used it to dry for a couple of car washes and it needs to be cleaned. Anyway I can clean it by hand?

Also, is it safe to throw into the dryer?

Setec Astronomy
07-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Sure you can hand wash it. Perfectly fine in the dryer, also, just best not to put it in with any conventional towels.

Most of us try to accumulate enough towels so we don't have to wash them every time we do a car, and so that we can have a dedicated load of MF towels for the washer/dryer.

jeepngli
07-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I have two of them so I throw them and my other MF drying towels in the washer. I overkill it but I use a little bit of the MF detergent plus about half a scoop of the yellow pad cleaner if needed. I wash them, then run them again with just water to make sure I got all the soap out. Then dry on very very low. Look brand new and I had them since 2012.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JoeyGT
07-01-2016, 09:22 AM
Thanks guys!

Any household products that I can use to clean the towel? I'd like to wash the car this weekend, but don't have any dedicated cleaning products.

jeepngli
07-01-2016, 09:25 AM
I wouldn't but that's me. You could put some car shampoo in a bucket and clean them hand temporary. Wash em out good and then air dry. But see what these guys recommend. You should pick up some of the MF detergent with the sales going on. They are concentrated and last a long time. I like the CG one but I just got the Pinnacle since it was on sale awhile back.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
07-01-2016, 09:28 AM
Any household products that I can use to clean the towel? I'd like to wash the car this weekend, but don't have any dedicated cleaning products.

any "free and clear" type laundry detergent should be fine, I personally use Charlie's Soap, but I did pick up some of the Wolfgang MF cleaner when they were blowing out the old packaging and it was selling for less than Charlie's, and of course the 3D Towel Kleen is also good and very inexpensive (relatively speaking).

http://www.autogeek.net/3d-towel-kleen.html

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-microfiber-cleaner.html

The Towel Kleen is kind of thick which can make it more difficult to use in some respects.