PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: DP High Performance Glass Restorer

FloridaNative
06-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Hello again everybody. :) This product was recently given to me as a gift. I brought it with me up to Georgia for the detailing session I was to do on my mother's car. Her car is like 9 years old and so I thought her glass a good candidate to try this product out on, but it turns out that ANY age vehicle is a good candidate for this product. This product is marketed to remove water etchings. My mother's glass is kept clean and in good condition since I have been in charge of detailing it and she uses invisible glass faithfully on her car when she washes it so when I got to GA to do her car I was curious to see what if anything this product would be able to do for her glass since she had no water etching.

Now this product can be applied by machine as well, but for my experiment I did a hand application. I applied a very small amount, like a quarter size, to a microfiber and started polishing the glass with it and let it dry to the haze before buffing it off. The product goes on easy and buffs off just as easy.

Now remember this glass was already clean and clear from the Invisible Glass when I applied the DP glass restorer. After I buffed off the haze I was amazed at how the glass looked. The clarity in the glass was incredible. When I got around to the rear window of the car and studied the glass, my line of vision stayed there right on the glass (I hope I am making sense), after applying the DP glass restorer to the entire rear window my line of vision no longer saw the glass, but rather deep into the interior of the car. Now all of you who use Invisible Glass know what a great product it is and how it truly makes the windows seem to dissappear, but I have to tell you DP glass restorer TRULY makes you doubt that there is a window there! My mother gasped and said "Oh my gosh look how clear it is" when I buffed it off of her windows.

As for its efficacy in removing water etchings, I cannot comment since I have not yet tested it on water etchings, but I suspect that the DP Glass Restorer would knock them out in short order. But I can say that this is one amazing product to improve the clarity of the exterior glass. Like all AG products, this one too is top quality! You use a very small amount so that one bottle would last you a very long time and with it being on sale right now it's a great time to snatch some up at a discount.

I apologize that this review could not be more thorough than it is, but I can only report on my own experiences. I would love to hear other users' experiences with this product especially those who have used it on etchings and who have applied it by machine. Please feel free to add your own comments and stories to this thread. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. :)

Reddwarf
06-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm about to place an order and this is one of the products on my list. I too use Stoners IG and I like it, but even after claying and IG there are little imperfections all over the windshield. Not chips, it looks like grit. Anyway, I'm hopefull the DP restorer will make a difference!

NorahCRV
06-26-2006, 09:42 AM
. . . but it turns out that ANY aged vehicle is a good candidate for this product. . .

Not just "aged" vehicles!! I used it on my son's NEW Honda Fit & the difference was incredible!! There was a rough film on the glass that cleaning with IG had not removed, one application of the DP Glass Restorer & the windows felt as smooth & slick as the rest of the car!! :awesome:

MikeyC
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Good review! A lot of detailing enthusiasts are not aware what a difference an occasional polishing of the glass makes. I use the DP Glass Restorer on my car once or twice a year to keep the glass looking museum quality.

I haven't really used the DP on water spots, but it does a great job removing what I call "wiper framing." Most cars that are daily drivers get "wiper framing." This is a term I made up to describe the staining on your windshield where the wipers do not clean. Even after washing and glass cleaner you can still see this area is not as clear as the rest of the glass. One dose of DP Glass Restorer and . . . poof! It's clear as museum glass.

Kelso
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
hmm... ive got some good scratches on my passenge window... any cance it would lighten or remove them?

FloridaNative
06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Kelso, I really don't know what it would do with scratches. Do you own a PC? If so maybe you can do the experiement and report back to us? I'm sure many users would be interested in your results. I know I would.

Ay Norah that's what I thought I was saying in my review but now I see that I put "aged" instead of "age". I was meaning that any age new or old could benefit from this product. Thanks so much for catching my mistake. I will edit it in my review. Thanks for your comments. :) When will we see pics of your son's new car detailed???

Meghan
06-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Kelso, I really don't know what it would do with scratches. Do you own a PC? If so maybe you can do the experiement and report back to us? I'm sure many users would be interested in your results. I know I would.

Ay Norah that's what I thought I was saying in my review but now I see that I put "aged" instead of "age". I was meaning that any age new or old could benefit from this product. Thanks so much for catching my mistake. I will edit it in my review. Thanks for your comments. :) When will we see pics of your son's new car detailed???
Jen if you hadn't left us for so long you would have seen the pics!:D J/K no really no more vacations for you.... do a search Norah was nice enough to post a few of the new car and her son.:)

Jonboy
06-26-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the review FloridaNative thats another product to add to the growing list.

Kelso
06-26-2006, 03:09 PM
yep i got the pc... ill consider this product on my next order cause i tried to clay my windows and well i dont htink i got a single waterspot off... also thinking about edge pads and the 4 inch pads....or if edge gets 4 inch pads ill get those...

ScottB
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
great pics, a guy on the corvetteforum used it on a badly etched MB truck and was amazed at how it works. It is also easy to use by hand for lighter issues, and quick cleaning. Beads about as well as Rain-X without that studdering the window wipers like to do ...after Rain-X.

FloridaNative
06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
yep i got the pc... ill consider this product on my next order cause i tried to clay my windows and well i dont htink i got a single waterspot off... also thinking about edge pads and the 4 inch pads....or if edge gets 4 inch pads ill get those...

PM me your name and address and I'll send you some of my DP glass restorer for you to try out with your PC okay? You can then tell us how it did with your scratches. :)

FloridaNative
06-26-2006, 07:27 PM
LOL! I think you are right about no more vacations. My son has regressed terribly in these last 3 weeks and I am paying for it dearly! Norah was kind enough to PM me with the link to her detail. I agree with the others that she is definitely the coolest mom! I hope I can detail with my kids too when they are older. :)

Jen if you hadn't left us for so long you would have seen the pics!:D J/K no really no more vacations for you.... do a search Norah was nice enough to post a few of the new car and her son.:)

Reddwarf
06-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Just placed an order today and I included the DP Glass Restorer. I'm hoping for good results like you had!

I wonder how it would do on plastic headlight lens? My Mom's car has horibbly clouded lens. I'm planning to try my PC and the Megs plastic cleaner, but maybe the glass restorer would be good?

NissanOwner
06-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Just placed an order today and I included the DP Glass Restorer. I'm hoping for good results like you had!

I wonder how it would do on plastic headlight lens? My Mom's car has horibbly clouded lens. I'm planning to try my PC and the Megs plastic cleaner, but maybe the glass restorer would be good?

You won't be disappointed. Great product. You might have to use the WG Lens Kit, that is also a great product.

Meghan
06-27-2006, 07:49 AM
You won't be disappointed. Great product. You might have to use the WG Lens Kit, that is also a great product.
:iagree: WG lense kit is a winner by far!:applause: