PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember or use this?

SirTanon
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
Was going thru my detailing cabinet and I came across this on the back of one of the shelves. Completely forgot I still had it. Heck, I haven't used it in years..

http://oi67.tinypic.com/4uxdgl.jpg

Not sure how old it is exactly, but I know I've had it a LONG time. Not entirely sure if it's still worth using, but I thought I'd see what everyone else thought.

I vaguely recall that the last time I DID use it, it provided a decent shine/slickness

Don M
06-30-2016, 02:31 AM
I remember it ... does that date me?

dlc95
06-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah! I just moved the bottle yesterday while looking for a sanding pad. It's just liquid sloshing around in there now. I have the paste too, which is fine.

I want to say I bought those in 1997/98. I also have the Platinum which came out after this, and before Ice. I keep them more for nostalgic reasons. I like the products that I use now much better.

cyclops
06-30-2016, 09:22 AM
I remember it ... does that date me?

No but if you used this (and I did) it might date you.

Setec Astronomy
06-30-2016, 09:24 AM
I think that's the stuff a friend brought to my house and insisted on using on his new (to him) car that we were cleaning up a few years ago...maybe longer than a few years ago.

FUNX650
06-30-2016, 09:45 AM
Telling it like it is...that is one thing
I always liked about The Turtle:

Saying that their Waxes form a
hard protective shell over top of
the paint, for example.

Bob

SirTanon
06-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah! I just moved the bottle yesterday while looking for a sanding pad. It's just liquid sloshing around in there now. I have the paste too, which is fine.

I want to say I bought those in 1997/98. I also have the Platinum which came out after this, and before Ice. I keep them more for nostalgic reasons. I like the products that I use now much better.

Same. My bottle of TW Emerald seemed VERY watery when I found it yesterday. I shook it up for a bit and it does seem thicker, although I'm not sure as thick as it should be.

I sort of feel like I should just toss it, since I have lots of other waxes, and all of them are modern and work great, but I just can't seem to pull that trigger. Part of me wants to try a 'hood test' with it, next to Surf City Garage Carnauba, Meg's NXT 2.0 paste, and collinite 845... just to see how it stacks up.

No but if you used this (and I did) it might date you.

LOL now THAT takes me back. I remember seeing one of those bottles on the shelf in our garage when I was a teenager, living with my parents.. Awesome.

DaveT435
06-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Yep...remember that one!