PDA

View Full Version : Interior Dressings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FreshRides
06-30-2016, 02:15 AM
Mods please move to a different section if I am posting in the wrong one.

I am sure this has been an answered question, but I am new here and still learning to navigate the forum.

Simple, stupid question for most people...

What interior dressing have you found works best, lasts long, is water based, and goes on easily? I usually use Meguiars APC to clean the areas first then I'm stuck with the next part.

I have recently tried some 303 protectant from AutoZone because I didn't have time to order for the details I had lined up, I am not a firm believer in retail products so I was iffy. This stuff is absolutely horrible to work with, does not go on evenly, leaves streaks, and needs a lot of product to cover an area. The best stuff I've used that lasted forever on my dash was Chemical Guys VRP. Now there are only about two products I like from Chemical Guys. That being Butter Wet Wax, and Blacklight. Their V-Line compounds suck beyond belief IMHO. Their interior cleaners are hyped up, (Leather cleaner, conditioner, and protectant). With that being said, is there something I can use besides VRP that you guys have found easy to use that can't dress almost any interior piece?

Thanks in advance!

-Cody

Don M
06-30-2016, 02:26 AM
I use Meguiar's #40 from their Mirror Glaze Line. Some say it's too greasy and smells bad, but I just use a sponge to apply, let it sit while I do the rest of the interior and buff off with a clean microfiber. As for the smell, I think it smells like fresh leather.

FreshRides
06-30-2016, 03:16 AM
I use Meguiar's #40 from their Mirror Glaze Line. Some say it's too greasy and smells bad, but I just use a sponge to apply, let it sit while I do the rest of the interior and buff off with a clean microfiber. As for the smell, I think it smells like fresh leather.

And that's an interior detailer?

FreshRides
06-30-2016, 03:17 AM
Never mind, looked it up. That would be comparable to VRP then.

BudgetPlan1
06-30-2016, 03:52 AM
I asked the same question last week; many recommended CG Silk shine... http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-silk-shine-dressing-protectant.html

It should be arriving today along with a few other "Don't need em but I wanna try 'em items". Never ending...sigh.

emmjay
06-30-2016, 04:08 AM
I picked up Aerospace 303 as everyone loved it on here but have not used it yet. Quite possibly my most expensive purchase yet with shipping halfway across the world. The two bottles were huge....

Either way - from what you described I am not afraid to try it on my interior :/

So far I've used Megs Quick interior detailer and natural protectant which have been nice and I was thinking about using the 303...but now on the fence.

Any other uses for that product? I've spent a LOTT on it and would not want to waste it.

FreshRides
06-30-2016, 06:58 AM
I asked the same question last week; many recommended CG Silk shine... http://www.autogeek.net/chemical-guys-silk-shine-dressing-protectant.html

It should be arriving today along with a few other "Don't need em but I wanna try 'em items". Never ending...sigh.

Thanks for the info. I forgot about that stuff. The only thin I don't like is paying out the A$$ for a 16oz bottle of Chemical Guys stuff that lasts one detail. Haha. But definitely appreciate that!

FreshRides
06-30-2016, 06:59 AM
I picked up Aerospace 303 as everyone loved it on here but have not used it yet. Quite possibly my most expensive purchase yet with shipping halfway across the world. The two bottles were huge....

Either way - from what you described I am not afraid to try it on my interior :/

So far I've used Megs Quick interior detailer and natural protectant which have been nice and I was thinking about using the 303...but now on the fence.

Any other uses for that product? I've spent a LOTT on it and would not want to waste it.

The Aerospace and the protectant I'm talking about are totally different. I am sure you could find something to use that 303 for though other than interior. The bottle I have says it's good for vinyl, rubber, and plastic, but I feel as if its oil based. I'd have to check. Because if its oil based its about as useless as armorall haha.

briarpatch
06-30-2016, 08:56 AM
I tried (diluted) VRP on my interior....still way too shiny...only use it for tires now....for interiors, I use Meguiars Natural Shine.....low shine, non-oily, nice scent (not overpowering)...very economical at less than $5.00 for 16 oz at Wally World....far and away the best value I've encountered for an interior dressing

usmcpab
06-30-2016, 10:18 AM
I personally use Blackfire interior protectant. It doesn't leave a shiny interior at all. Darkens the panels up and I feel it last a considerable amount of time. I personally don't like shiny interiors at all, and this fit the bill when it came to finish and durability.

obihave12
06-30-2016, 11:39 AM
I have used both Megs Natural Shine Protectant and CG Silk Shine and like both. Not too shiny for either and dry to the touch. I have Silk Shine on my interior right now and it still looks like I just applied it and it's been over a month now. (Plus it's withstood this Texas heat so far)

lane5515
06-30-2016, 11:58 AM
I like to use Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2700.html). Goes on easy and leaves a nice matte finish.

dcjredline
06-30-2016, 12:11 PM
Ive just converted to #40 also. Reason being is that most times I need/want a light cleaning along with my protection so this fit the bill perfectly!!!!! I love the smell of it personally and I like the sheen. It is not shiny. I dont like shiny interior dressings.

Heisenberg
06-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the info. I forgot about that stuff. The only thin I don't like is paying out the A$$ for a 16oz bottle of Chemical Guys stuff that lasts one detail. Haha. But definitely appreciate that!

I can't think of a single product you should be using even close 16oz of in one detail. :dunno:

Silk Shine and Poorboy's Natural Look are both nice. I really like Ultima Interior Guard though. That will always be my favorite dressing/protectant.

Eldorado2k
06-30-2016, 02:10 PM
I can't think of a single product you should be using even close 16oz of in one detail. :dunno:

I can easily go through 16oz. of Megs D143 during a detail.:)