PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0 and scratches

Metacom9
06-29-2016, 10:47 PM
I went over my cars paint with Wolfgangs scratch removal kit as my car had some pretty sever spider webbing. It took about 75% of it all out, the remainder I cant seem to get out even with the most aggressive lake country pad and wolfgang total scratch remover.

The paint sealant is holding up well 3 months later and through Texas weather. However ive noticed it now seems easier than ever for spider webbing to be put into the paint after applying the paint sealant. A very slight rub on the paint with a finger nail leaves a visible mark on clean paint.

I used the automatic car wash at work today, the type with the long fingers that swing back and forth. It left enormous amounts of what looked like spider webbing but in the reflection you can clearly see where the individual "fingers" from the wash moved over the car.

With how easy it is to leave a mark with a finger nail and then the marks after the wash...is what I am seeing, scratches left on the paint sealant or on the clear coat? I didn't have these appear before the scratch removal kit when going through an auto wash and it wasn't possible to leave a scratch mark with a finger nail.

cleanmycorolla
06-29-2016, 11:07 PM
yeah so, you're not scratching the sealant its definitely the clearcoat. and you probably didn't see them before you polished because swirls cover up swirls. The sealant didn't magically make your paint softer, its always been that way. just cleaner and easier to spot flaws.....and stop going to that type of car wash, just killing the car!

Scoobertin
06-30-2016, 05:48 AM
+1^^^^ I agree with above post, Especially with the car wash . Try the touchless if you have to take it to the car wash. Just remember those harsh car wash soaps may diminish your sealant faster.

I have the sealant on my vehicle for 5 months with zero problems except with showing the flaws that were left behind by me. Corrected it and reapplied.