PDA

View Full Version : Rupes LHR-models and Duetto not compatible with small backplates?

verticalnor
06-28-2016, 12:07 PM
Hi guys.
Recently bought a new car, a Fiat 500 Abarth. As most of you probably know, this is a small car. A very small car really. And I want to upgrade to a new polisher. (Currently own a DAS6 Pro-polisher). The problem I have is that I cannot find any small backplates for Rupes polishers. Only 5" and 6". Why is that? Is it because most semi-professional/professional also owns a Rupes Mini that can do this job or?
Since the car is so small, I'm likely to most of the time using 100mm pads. I do own 140mm pads, but I rarely use them honestly. Is this just a habit I should put away?

I just feel that on such a small car, small pads give me more control.

I also see Flex-polishers have the same "problem".

Any tips?

Zubair
06-28-2016, 01:39 PM
DAS 6 Pro is a GG6, you can slap a 3" bp on it and be happy. Your polisher is more than capable of maintaining your car.

verticalnor
06-28-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm totally aware. I already have a 3" plate available. The reason I want to upgrade is simply because of the noise and vibration. The DAS6 is pretty noisy, and it vibrates a lot. On top of that, I want to detail more cars now (within my family), and not just my own car. Might be a good idea for me to buy a used polisher (and keep the DAS6 with 3" plate), and not spend 3-400 dollars on a new Rupes.

Zubair
06-28-2016, 01:51 PM
If you can afford a Rupes get one. I'd suggest a Duetto for your application and keep the DAS for 4" pads.

verticalnor
06-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Will definitely keep the DAS6, as it's worth "next to nothing" in a used state here in Norway. Thanks for the response :)

Visiting Italy and Milan in about 2-3 weeks. Might visit Rupes over there and buy me a polisher!