PDA

View Full Version : New Detail Brush (never seen)

asap2stacks
06-28-2016, 09:25 AM
So I'm shopping around in the store and I come across this bad boy,so I think to myself this would be perfect for detailing I've tried many brushes to give this one a shot. And it turned out it's one of the top three best brushes I have ever used. It agitates all chemicals very well to a nice foam without having to brush a lot and has lost very very few hairs while detailing the interior of the car.

Setec Astronomy
06-28-2016, 09:28 AM
Wow, interesting, how much did that run you?

AZ Mike
06-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Looks good. Can you say where you got it?

asap2stacks
06-28-2016, 10:00 AM
It's expensive I paid $14.99 for the brush but it's really worth it. I found an arts and craft store called Michael's while was with my girlfriend I came across it or she got mad because I was going to more money on stuff that I didn't need but I really think it's worth it considering every other brush iPad last about 9 months

Setec Astronomy
06-28-2016, 10:07 AM
Well...expensive is relative. A few observations:

The handle is all plastic, that's good for durability.

The bristles are somewhat longer than the typical detailing brush...not sure if that is good or bad but likely to reduce the overall stiffness when brushing.

I'm encouraged by you saying it didn't loose too many bristles, but, say, if I was using that brush on wheels I would probably drop it in my wheel bucket where it would be submerged, I guess you'll have to tell us if that kind of exposure loosens the bristles.

asap2stacks
06-28-2016, 10:29 AM
I just left my shop I left the brush in a paper cup of water to sit over night once I get there tomorrow I'll detail a interior and see how they hold up

AZ Mike
06-28-2016, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the information.

asap2stacks
06-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Also the Brush can be trimmed down

brvczy
09-12-2016, 01:44 PM
I found make-up brushes and artist brushes (not the nylon kind) are amazing. They tend to be better quality hair (not boars) and finer. Yes, you will spend some $, but they make fine detailing so much easier and can get into the teeny/tiny crevices. I bought 2 sets of various sizes and shapes; one for cleaning products and one for conditioning products. I also use a fan shaped make-up brush to quickly dust the dash, steering wheel and gear shift on the fly in between cleaning/protection cycles. No shedding and they do not leave marks or scratches. Using Chemical Guys Microfiber Wash in warm water to clean works great; never soaking, gently swishing the brush in solution and rinsing in warm water several times. Air dry. IMO, if you wouldn't use it to wipe your.... than I wouldn't let it get near my car.

hmardown
09-12-2016, 05:55 PM
those hair's look pretty long to. should last a long time. nice find.
hmardown

BrutalNoodle
09-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Wow, interesting, how much did that run you?

Is there a giant art supply in your area?

There is a place here called Flax Art & Design. The place is basically a Costco of art supplies. They have all sorts of high-end brushes. Great selection, but prepare to pay.